Work parties

Options
Quick, I am about to go to a work Hallowe'en party...how do I avoid all the tempting treats?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Eat a healthy meal or snack prior to attending so you are not hungry. Carry a glass of water around that way you have less hands to grab with and if you get a craving take a swig of water.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Dont look at them, touch them or go near them. And have a healthy snack before you go, with 2 cups of water.
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Take your own!! :wink: Take a veggie platter with you and enjoy!! :tongue:
  • mngrrl74
    mngrrl74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat a sensible snack before you go, so you're not tempted to load up on everything. Or, if you don't have a snack to eat beforehand, pick what you think is the most nutritious snack at the party and eat mostly that. Then, pick ONE of the tastiest things you want to indulge in and enjoy just one serving of it. Remember what you're working for. I have a phrase on my fridge that says "Don't sacrifice what you want MOST for what you want at the MOMENT." Good luck!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    Eat before you go! While you're at the party, choose one great treat to eat!! Eat it slowly and really savor/enjoy it.
  • tbernard
    tbernard Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bring packages of crystal light with you to flavor that water and add color. Go to the sort of party where you can dance your butt off... So even if you have some treats there will be hope of burning it off.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Like most have said, eat something filling before you go. Personally, I make sure to eat a hearty salad with some sort of protein, usually fish or chicken (usually go with some sort of white fish that is low in calories so I can eat more to fill me up). Then, while at the party, grab a cup, put in a flavored water pouch or something like a sugar-free Hawaiin Punch mix, mix it up, and now you have a sweet drink and plenty of time to talk to people. Besides, the less you are stuffing your face, the more time you can be schmoozing.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    if it is potluck, image the worst case scenario of what their kitchen looks like.

My mother had to make a HUGE batch of potato salad for a company party. One guess where she made it...

The sink.