I an so sick of this

Options
I've got thinner. So what?

Replies

• SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    are you not happy with loosing weight or are you not feeling good... talk to me, whats wrong???
  • hippygeeza
    hippygeeza Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    well i like getting thinner because i feel more comfortable and confident, i love it when people notice and compliment me. its more healthy, i find i get more nice looks from the opposite sex, i sleep better and find working easier. do none of those things ring true for u?
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Being thinner is just a bonus. If you aren't actually feeling physically better, than maybe something is going on? I find when I eat better, I do feel better. But, I CAN get bogged down in the constant psychological battle of only ever being able to chose healthy foods over "treats", and limiting portions. When I was 30 I could burn calories a lot easier, and didn't actually ever have to think about what I put into my mouth. Now that I'm in my 40's, if I truly want to lose weight and keep it off, I can't cheat at all...and I'm terrible at not cheating ever. So, I think that I do understand where you are coming from.

For me, it can't just be about being thinner. I want to be healthy for my kids. I don't want certain health problems to start because of poor eating choices (like type 2 diabetes, or high blood pressure). I've had a few "warning" signs, and need to stop ignoring them otherwise they can turn out to be real problems eventually.

Hang in there. Have a treat once in awhile. If you aren't actually feeling good physically maybe talk to a doctor? Know that there are people who understand a little of what you are talking about!
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. As you fix the outside appearance you need to also work on the inside. It's like Whoopee do I'm thinner but I'm still the same person. Some of us think that just being thin is going to make things better but if we don't work on our self esteem and our lives in other aspects it doesn't feel as good as we expect.

On that note, I love getting thinner as I become fitter. I can walk up stairs without being embarrassingly winded afterward. I can tie my shoes without getting dizzy. I'm not on any medication and have no need for it. It's easier to find cute clothing. You are reducing you chances for certain cancers and other diseases.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Maggie - I totally understand. Reaching your "goal weight" does not unlock any doors. One month you are a few pounds away and then suddenly you have arrived. I am almost ready to post a before and after picture (if I can figure out how to do it.).

Perhaps getting in top shape and being slim is like so much else in life:

It's the journey - not the destination? I'm not sure myself.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    I don't get it?:noway:
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ok so I understand. It is the 'ok I'm done and now what?'. I had cancer almost 5 years ago and after treatment I was at the same place. Now what? Well, you are thinner and you should list all the pro's about what that means. I'm assuming the pic of you is with family? You look very happy in that and I'm sure they are very proud of what you have done.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you sick of?
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Not being funny or anything, but if you feel like that, what do you really want to do, put it all back on again???

You speak as if losing the weight was the be all and end all, well, as you have now discovered, it isn't, it was just the beginning.

All depends on what you weighed before and now afterwards I guess. It also depends on what you could NOT do before because of your weight and what you CAN do now that you have lost some.

If you have noticed no difference before and after, maybe you were never really at a crossroads in your life before your weightloss - in fact, perhaps you were never (unlike some unfortunate souls on this Site) in a life-threatening position that almost forced you to lose the weight in the first place.

For crying out loud, get some bloody goals in your life and work towards something, because as sure as eggs are eggs, you sound as if everything is just one big drag.

You need to grab ahold of life, before you lose something!
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    I love it when I'm losing weight, there's a confidence I feel about myself which is great. When I don't lose I feel unsure, and need that boost of losing again.

I think the weight might be a symptom of the problem rather than the problem though.

Whats up?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

???????????????????
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would do anything to be thinner.......my scale will not BUDGE..... EVen 10 pound would be a bonus........how can you be sick of losing weight????? I am missing something........
  • Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    So continue to be healthy and enjoy life! When I ever reach my goal, I will breathe! I will continue to walk and eat good. Hope you feel better.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    In defense of the Opening Poster, I just want to add a few thoughts. I will be ready to transfer over to "maintenance," very soon but I am somewhat frightened of taking the next step. Yes, dieting and exercising daily can wear you down. Some of us who didn't have a huge amount to lose, get "sick of it" too. We don't necessarily "fall off the wagon," but we get tired of constantly watching every morsel we put in our mouths.

We want to enjoy some of the Halloween Treats that are around; we want to eat at Mickie D's with our families; we want to go to a Chinese Buffet occasionally; we want to go to any buffet and indulge in the deserts and all of the other goodies, we'd like to have a Martini from time to time, or a glass of champagne. Yes, you do get "sick of it," even though we know it's 100% to our benefit.

Routine exercise always makes us feel better -- more alive and more alert. But heavy workouts are tiresome for some people. Our legs hurt and we are exhausted and sweaty afterward.

I think the poster was simply "venting." I sure can relate. I'd love to be smelling a huge pot of homemade meat sauce on the stove and garlic bread baking in the oven, rather than having a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich No Sugar Added as my ultimate treat.

I love looking and feeling better and having a BMI of 20.8, and wearing smaller sizes, but I have not successfully transitioned into a truly healthy lifestyle as others in MFP have done. Even those of us close to our goal weights need constant support and encouragement with our efforts and goals.

Yes... this is a lifetime kind of plan. The "mental" transformation is a tough one. Even though you may be near or at your goal weight, many of us feel we are just a "candy bar" away from disaster. Until we truly adapt, we do get somewhat "sick of it."
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As apposed to thinking “I’m thinner”, think “I’m healthier”. I think you will find there are a lot more positives around being healthy than there are in relation to thinness, because as we all know, skinny does not equate to healthy.

Think of all the new things you can do with your new healthy, fit body. Set goals, where you once aimed for a loss, aim to do achieve something that makes the most of the new you. Train for a half marathon, or even just aiming for walking/running a certain distance each week, and work towards it. We cease to grow when we have nothing to aim for, and we stagnate and form bad habits.

Good luck, and congratulations on getting to “thin”!
  • rml_16
    Options
    As apposed to thinking “I’m thinner”, think “I’m healthier”. I think you will find there are a lot more positives around being healthy than there are in relation to thinness, because as we all know, skinny does not equate to healthy.

Think of all the new things you can do with your new healthy, fit body. Set goals, where you once aimed for a loss, aim to do achieve something that makes the most of the new you. Train for a half marathon, or even just aiming for walking/running a certain distance each week, and work towards it. We cease to grow when we have nothing to aim for, and we stagnate and form bad habits.

Good luck, and congratulations on getting to “thin”!

GREAT advice!

A couple years ago, I'd lost about 30 pounds and been exercising a lot, so my stamina was really good. My boyfriend, his daughter and I went to a Disney water park. His daughter dragged us on this one waterslide over and over and over. It required us to climb about 1,000 stairs to get to the top each time. I knew that had I not been exercising and getting into shape for the year before, I probably would have been dead after the first climb. That thought made me very happy.

And then I started noticing some men and women who were about middle-aged and overweight. And they were going around the park in scooters -- they couldn't even walk from one ride to the next, much less climb those hundreds of stairs.

At that moment, I KNEW why I was exercising and eating healthy. I don't want to be the woman in the scooter in 20 or 30 years.

I know I don't have control over everything. I could get cancer or get hit by a bus or any number of things. But I CAN control what I eat and how I live and do what I can within my control to be as healthy as possible.

And on top of that, I no longer bawl my eyes out when I go shopping or try to find something to wear to work in the morning.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options

It really irks me when someone puts a topic like this up and doesn't even take the time to acknowledge those that are concerned and take the time to respond. Doesn't make sense to me. :ohwell:
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I think she's meaning, that people are commenting maybe...

As in "wow you've gotten thinner" or something, it does get rather annoying when EVERYONE notices all at once, and asks what you've done, or says something along the lines of "you are too thin"

It can make people frustrated...

Just a thought :):flowerforyou: if i'm wrong then sorry :) oopsies
  • rml_16
    Options
    I think she's meaning, that people are commenting maybe...

As in "wow you've gotten thinner" or something, it does get rather annoying when EVERYONE notices all at once, and asks what you've done, or says something along the lines of "you are too thin"

It can make people frustrated...

Just a thought :):flowerforyou: if i'm wrong then sorry :) oopsies

Oh, yes. Compliments and people noticing the results of my very hard work are always annoying and frustrating.

(Although, the "you're too thin" and "you can stop now" comments are uncalled for.)
  • abi_bennett
    abi_bennett Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Do you not feel good about yourself? Or do you need some motivation?