Looking for other full time working mamas!

Options
Hello all,

I have recently been through a stressful divorce and am a full time owrking mommy of two georgous boys. One is almost 5 and one is almost 3. (a bit too old for me to use the good ol' baby weight excuse)

I know things are difficult with working full time (in an office with beautiful co workers) and trying to stay on track while being the best damn mommy I can be.

I am struggling to lose between 30-45 pounds and would love the support of other mommas out there!

Replies

• AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Howdy! Welcome to MFP, a Wonderful Community!

I am sending a friend request - I too am a Full-Time Working Mommy of an 8yr old and a 10yr old, so yeah that old Baby Fat excuse won't fly anymore either ;-)
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom of two , working a full time job and currently trying to get a 2nd job. Feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I too am a divorced mom with children. I have three. My youngest is 7 and I am still carrying baby weight from him :(

I work in an office too and sit most of the day.

Sending a friend request. I am on daily and look forward to helping you along your journey!!
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your divorce. I I work a full time and a part time and have 2 kids. I know how hard it is to get a good workout in but how do you do it with your added stress?
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am a Mommy of 3. I have two daughters, 13 and 3 and a 9 year old son. I am a full time PhD student and I work full time for the Federal Government ... I know how you feel. I'm sending a request. No excuses ... this is not impossible! Anyone else looking for pals, feel free to add me!
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! *waves* I am a single working mama of one energetic 10-year old. I work in an office and sit all day too. I get my workouts in at 5 AM every morning via Youtube, Insanity or other DVDs. Please feel free to add me :-)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

I am a full-time working momma of a beautiful 10 year old daughter. I am also divorced (finalized just over a year ago). I know the struggles of balancing kids, work, fitness and life.

I have sent you a friend request.

Sherri
  • LisaUlrey
    LisaUlrey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of three...ages 2 to 10 and I also work full time. It is hard squeezing time in for the gym between transporting to school / babysitter, work, dinner, homework and bedtime...but I think I am handling it just fine. I don't get to the gym near as often as I would like since nighttime is my only option but I walk any chance I get. So far, I am just 8 pounds away from my goal weight.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I work 40 hours and plan to go to college starting in January, I have a almost 2 year old son and a fiance that helps!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a full time working mom of 2 (4 years and 17 months) and step mom of a 9 year old as well. Still working on getting back to my pre-preggo weight from my daughter, but was able to get to my goal after my first! Feel free to add me!
  • uamelia
    uamelia Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, sorry for your divorce. I am a mom of 3 girls age 18,11,8. I'm married, work full time and go to school part time. So I have my hands full but that is not a excuse to workout and lose weight. So far I have lost 20lbs and looking into losing 45lbs more. Good luck with everything! I a sending you a friend request :-)
  • Itsbhoney
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm a mom of 3 beautiful girls. 15, 6, & 5. I'm a full time student & a working Cosmotologist. Down 20 lbs thanks to joining the YMCA & eating right. 40 to go! Add me if you need friends & inspiration. We all can use that. Have a great day!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Full time working mom here as well. I have a 45 minute commute (one way) to work from 8am-5pm and often extended hours on an event-by-event basis. I have 8 year old twin boys.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Single mom working full time... fortunately I only have 1 kiddo, almost 10, she's getting easier to care for by the minute.
  • bama1momma
    bama1momma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm don't work but I stay home with my 7 month old and go to school full time. :)
  • Nikki_7680
    Options
    Hi! I am a full-time working mom of 2 boys ages 8 and 5. I went back to work 3 months after each was born so I have always been a working mom. It's hard but as they get older it's getting a little easier. They are both in the same school now so child care is easier. My job is flexible so I can get them on the bus in the AM and my husband gets home earlier than me so he picks them up from the neighbor after school. What is hard is coming up with healthy meals and finding the time to get my house in order! Happy to accept any friend requests :)
  • DeniseSanchez18
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a full time working mom with an 8 yr. old and 5 yr old. I'm sorry about your divorce - that doesn't help with emotional eating. Hang in there and remember to take care of you too.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I am a full time working mama, I have 2 children, a 7 year old girl and 13 year old boy. My husband works out of town from Mon - Fri, so I am pretty much a single mom throughout the week. So not only do I work, but I also have to keep up with all of our hectic schedules. My kids are active in several activities. Anyone can add me if you want.. I have almost been here a year.
  • CanadaLiz
    CanadaLiz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm a working mom of 2 (ages 6 and 11). I also work shifts so that makes work/home/fitness balance SUCK!!!
  • smokeytex74
    Options
    Single, full time working mom of a 14 year old daughter. Will be glad to share experiences. :smile: