Beachbody coaches

Options

Replies

• turboandrea
    Options
    We have several people coming to give talks and workshops on the business aspects. Craig Holiday is visiting and throwing an event for everyone here in Florida. My fellow coach and I really want to talk to him about business and get some help/advice. After all, he's personally helped our upline and several other coaches we know. Well apparently Craig only meets with Diamond Level and above. Diamond, diamond, diamond.

I was really into the Beachbody coaching business until this huge push to only care about A) signing up coaches, and B) helping out Diamond-level coaches. It's hard being in a town, almost bankrupt due to the end of the shuttle program and having no prospects whatsoever. We aren't the only coaches having this problem in our area either. But until we reach diamond, we don't get help from Beachbody or their mentors.

It's just become an additional frustration to push me farther away from coaching as No. 1 and moving teaching to that spot. I really think it's unfair to say that because we're frustrated, we're failing our businesses or whatever. I think right now Team Beachbody is failing it's lower-ranked coaches. When I can't succeed or I don't get a response back from a 4-star diamond upline, there's a problem. Why not have an event just for starting coaches?

I just wish the whole thing would refocus itself on helping others and getting the country fit. Again, just my .02. (P.S. I really appreciate that we have this thread to discuss the topic.)
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think the idea of being a product of the product would consist of using some kind of supplement that they carry on a regular basis and therefore one would really not have a problem meeting their pv goals each month.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You do not pay for a coach. You get a free coach when you purchase a product from beachbody. No membership fee required. Beachbody wants for you to be succesful with anything that you purchase and therefore wants you to have a live person that you can contact for issues. Once you activiate your online account this person should be your only friend.
    Your only friend???:laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    We have several people coming to give talks and workshops on the business aspects. Craig Holiday is visiting and throwing an event for everyone here in Florida. My fellow coach and I really want to talk to him about business and get some help/advice. After all, he's personally helped our upline and several other coaches we know. Well apparently Craig only meets with Diamond Level and above. Diamond, diamond, diamond.

I was really into the Beachbody coaching business until this huge push to only care about A) signing up coaches, and B) helping out Diamond-level coaches. It's hard being in a town, almost bankrupt due to the end of the shuttle program and having no prospects whatsoever. We aren't the only coaches having this problem in our area either. But until we reach diamond, we don't get help from Beachbody or their mentors.

It's just become an additional frustration to push me farther away from coaching as No. 1 and moving teaching to that spot. I really think it's unfair to say that because we're frustrated, we're failing our businesses or whatever. I think right now Team Beachbody is failing it's lower-ranked coaches. When I can't succeed or I don't get a response back from a 4-star diamond upline, there's a problem. Why not have an event just for starting coaches?

I just wish the whole thing would refocus itself on helping others and getting the country fit. Again, just my .02. (P.S. I really appreciate that we have this thread to discuss the topic.)

BB fighting within oneself, who knew! I have no clue how some of you make money on here, so so soooooooo many coaches pushing at each of us to buy your products, some will buy. Many become very very turned off on the daily sales pitches...it's gets old, real old quick.:frown:

edited: spelling
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    You do not pay for a coach. You get a free coach when you purchase a product from beachbody. No membership fee required. Beachbody wants for you to be succesful with anything that you purchase and therefore wants you to have a live person that you can contact for issues. Once you activiate your online account this person should be your only friend.
    Your only friend???:laugh: :laugh: :noway:

It should actually read be your first friend, you are able to add friends as you are on here.
  • Stooooo
    Options

BB fighting within it's ownself, who knew! I have no clue how some of you make money on here, so so soooooooo many coachs pushing at each of us to buy your products, some will buy. Many become very very turned off on the daily sales pitches...it's gets old, real old quick.:frown:

Every organization experiences growing pains. At least people are doing something about their health, both financially and physically.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    I am a coach and I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I'm going to be candid and sorry if I step on toes...but it was asked.

I have been a coach since 2007. When I first signed up, it was after I had finished Power 90 and a round of Turbo Jam, and I was in very good shape. I became a coach because the programs work if you have the knowledge base of nutrition and keep up up with your workouts. I wanted to help people gain this knowledge so that they could be successful and reach their goals as well.

But, anyone can be a coach. I don't agree with this. The reason I say that is because I would personally want a coach who has finished their journey, lost weight, gained muscle, etc. to help me reach my goals. There are so many coaches that have not does this and I don't see how they can "coach" me to my goals when they haven't even reached theirs. Yes, they can help and support me, but that's why we are here on THIS website. And we don't get "paid" to be here.

That being said, all those coaches who are like that truly do give the rest of us a bad name. People on this website complain about Beachbody coaches all the time, because they think we are ALL out there to make a buck and not really help people reach their goals. Unfortunately, with Carl Daikeler's "Game Plan," he has made it clear that the focus of coaches should be to get more coaches. I'm sorry, but not everyone has what it takes to coach someone. I just don't see how someone who has never done P90X, has never drank Shakeology, or still hasn't dropped below that 200 mark when their goal weight is 125 can possibly help me to lose weight and get in shape when I have purchased P90X and Shakeology and I already weight less than they do. It's like going to an overweight nutritionist when you make your doctor's appointment: you will take everything they say with a grain of salt...
    Lyadeia speaks it well...I absolutely agree, I would not consider choosing a coach that is not in fit shape and uses the products/workouts vids that she/he sells. That would make no sense at all to sell a product you don't back up yourself or look as if you use and have used the product for sometime with great success.

There are several reputable coaches on this site (two that come to mind on this thread is PJilly & Lyadeia) that don't advertise except to help by responding to fitness questions. They don't blatantly jump in and advertise the fact that they want you as a customer/coach, those are the ones that will continue to hold respect in the eyes of future customers. Not those that fight other coaches posting threads trying to beat out other coaches for customers, that's an absolute turn off.:ohwell:

I agree with what was shared above about some of the 'coaches' giving the reputable ones a bad name, that's very unfortunate for the ones that work hard and aren't jumpin in simply for the discount/advertising. Even I see the difference in ppl that have joined up as coaches more recently than those that have been with it for several years. As Lyadeia shared to be fit and selling the product is very different than trying to sell/represent the product being unfit.

. These are merely observations from a non=BB coach...
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly honest I just became a coach a week ago even though I've been using Beachbody workout programs and products since 2005. My motivation for finally signing up was a) to get the better discount on products I routinely use and b) since I am actually a product of the products, I could educate others about things that actually have worked for me in my weight loss journey.

I certainly appreciate everyones comments in this thread though. Personally, I didn't join to make money and I've been very up front about this with my upline coach. The last thing I want is pressure to meet sales goals and someone hounding me every day about it.

Sharon
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are right Stoooooo. Thats what I meant. Not that you couldnt have other friends. Sorry if I misled anyone.:smile:
  • edwards11509
    Options
    I just started as a beachbody coach and I am so excited to help others reach their fitness goals and dreams! I think it'll help motivate me to stay on course to reach mine as well! My only issue is that I just moved and I don't know anyone here yet, the money doesn't mean anything to me. What I want is to help America get fit and healthy!!
  • Ripon10
    Options
    I joined as a BB coach about 2 months ago. I joined for the combination of getting the discount and helping people while on my own journey. I look forward to gaining experience with more of the BB programs as I go and gaining more and more information about BB and fitness in general. I can't think of a better thing to share with people other than health and fitness. I don't look at it as a way to get rich. The accountability factor is huge as a coach. I'm currently doing Turbo Jam and have done Slim in 6 in the past.
  • Spydor
    Spydor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well apparently Craig only meets with Diamond Level and above. Diamond, diamond, diamond.

I was really into the Beachbody coaching business until this huge push to only care about A) signing up coaches, and B) helping out Diamond-level coaches. ...until we reach diamond, we don't get help from Beachbody or their mentors.

When I can't succeed or I don't get a response back from a 4-star diamond upline, there's a problem. Why not have an event just for starting coaches?
    Craig is bouncing all over the country, so yes, he does focus his time with the higher level coaches. You don't have to reach Diamond before you get help. Who is your sponsor? Their sponsor? Who is your Diamond coach? Those are the people you should be going to first for mentoring. There are events for all level coaches. You may not get one on one time with the top leaders, but that's true with most businesses. That's why there are layers of management, coaches in this case.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Well apparently Craig only meets with Diamond Level and above. Diamond, diamond, diamond.

I was really into the Beachbody coaching business until this huge push to only care about A) signing up coaches, and B) helping out Diamond-level coaches. ...until we reach diamond, we don't get help from Beachbody or their mentors.

When I can't succeed or I don't get a response back from a 4-star diamond upline, there's a problem. Why not have an event just for starting coaches?
    Craig is bouncing all over the country, so yes, he does focus his time with the higher level coaches. You don't have to reach Diamond before you get help. Who is your sponsor? Their sponsor? Who is your Diamond coach? Those are the people you should be going to first for mentoring. There are events for all level coaches. You may not get one on one time with the top leaders, but that's true with most businesses. That's why there are layers of management, coaches in this case.

Exactly! Plus 90 days to Excellence by Craig Holiday is in the back office.
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think what we're seeing a lot of, especially on social networking sites such as Facebook, are 'true' coaches and those who abuse the coach status and then drag the true coaches down along with them. I can't tell you how many Facebook posts I see that promise you to "Make tons of money while you lose weight" and the like. It's ALL they post on their FB status, and I personally find it nauseating. Do these coaches really think that they're going to build their business by spamming people? Do people really respond to that? The kicker is that oftentimes, I've fun into people who could use a good coach, but they're so turned off by another Beachbody Coach that they think all of us are money grubbing a**holes.

I've been coaching for about a year and a half. I've been a product of the product for two years...P90X, P90X+, Insanity, CLX, Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, etc. My goal as a coach is to help others on their journey. Period. If I make some money along the way, that's awesome. However, I agree with a lot of the same things that many of you have stated above.

Dragging people in as coaches just to get more people coaching isn't the way to accomplish the goal of fighting obesity. You truly do need people who CARE about that aspect, and who are actually willing to coach their 'coachees' towards those goals. I see a trend with Beachbody that's pushing two aspects: Coaching and Shakeology. While I think both are great things (seriously, I LOVE my Shakeology and it really has improved many aspects of my health), but Beachbody has to be more than that, and I do think that coaches who really do coach should be rewarded for that aspect, rather than by how many coaches they sign or how many people get Shakeology on HD.

I currently have a customer base of about 280 'coachees.' I have personally sent 'welcome' e-mails to each of them, I friend them on Facebook, I check in regularly, I chat on FB, etc. Many of these people have become people whom I truly care about...they're people that I would consider to be my friends. I know their life frustrations, their current injuries, the names of their kids. They also know that when they're discouraged or frustrated or overjoyed with their progress, I'm someone they can share it with. That, to me, is what makes the entire coaching thing worthwhile.

You said you
    I currently have a customer base of about 280 'coachees.' You have that many COACHES signed under you? Or, did you mean customers? If coaches...wow.

Edited to add - I have noticed SEVERAL of the coaches commenting on this thread have links to their sites (shakeology and coach site) in their signatures. MFP has a policy that states "no links allowed" in their signature.
    I mention I am a coach in mine, but do NOT link to my site.
    Just sayin'.
    See for yourself:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/signature (on the right it states "signature rules".)
    Thanks! :wink:
  • Spydor
    Spydor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have noticed SEVERAL of the coaches commenting on this thread have links to their sites (shakeology and coach site) in their signatures. MFP has a policy that states "no links allowed" in their signature.
    I noticed that too. Actually gave me a laugh the other day, seeing some criticize the coaches spamming FB and the like, and then their own signatures trying to direct people to their site. Best way to keep it in check, report the post.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I definitely didn't notice that links weren't allowed, whoops!!! I've promptly removed mine, I don't want to get in trouble for it since I've only been a coach for a week. I haven't seen anything about links in profiles though.
  • MCDerin
    Options
    00trayn,
    I knew you were a newer coach, and therefore, you might not realize or known to look for the mention of no links in signatures.
    Congrats on becoming a Coach. I hope you have a supportive and positive sponsor coach and that you are provided with all the tools to help you grow your business the way YOU want to.

About the links.....There are a dozen or so coaches that DO know better (about the link in their signature) and just blatantly disregard. That is what angers me.
    Oh, and I DID report this thread so that the admins could see and contact those who are in violation.
    I have no problem admitting that.

I don't see anything that says you can't link in your profile though, so you should be fine.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I have noticed SEVERAL of the coaches commenting on this thread have links to their sites (shakeology and coach site) in their signatures. MFP has a policy that states "no links allowed" in their signature.
    I noticed that too. Actually gave me a laugh the other day, seeing some criticize the coaches spamming FB and the like, and then their own signatures trying to direct people to their site. Best way to keep it in check, report the post.

Actually a better way to handle it would be to take the time to write the coach who offended you and tell them so. After all were are all in this together. Just my 2cents.

p.s. mine isn't an active line just a website. You actually have to copy and paste mine.
  • MCDerin
    Options
    stoooo,
    It is still self promotion whether or not it's a link or you have to copy and paste.
    DO I make mention that I am a coach and my group x certifications? Yes....but I don't link to sites or profiles, whether an active link or not.
    I actually HAVE contacted coaches to gently remind them of the policy however. I just think that this particular thread is SCREAMING with all the self promoting coaches. What better way to get so many of their attention than to post in the very place they are all congregating?

And, we are NOT all in this together. Some of us are in it for different reasons. I am in it to meet new people, share my love of the products I personally use, and to answer questions from those who ask.
    I am not in it to be the next Christine Dwyer (no offense to her or her success), multi-diamond coach.
    So, I am NOT in it with those kinds of coaches.

Thanks though :wink:
  • dmmihelcic
    dmmihelcic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    At this risk of bringing down much hate and discontent, I am a little bit suspicious of the Beachbody Coach thing. Seems like 50% of the folks on MFP are Coaches... and by definition are looking to not only sell you something but also to convince you to sign up as a Coach under them. This kind of reminds me of Amway. Both Amway and Beachbody have good products, but the pyramid marketing approach overshadows this.