Ahh sudden relapse?!?

Options
I have been using MFP and logging for about three weeks now. Throughout that time I have been eating three balanced meals that consist of lean protein (eg chicken, fish), carbs (eg basmati rice, wholemeal bread) and lots of fresh fruit and veggies, and two snacks with my calorie target approx 1400. I have also been exercising (running, gym) almost daily.

Today during dinner, for some reason I was really craving carbs and ended up going over my target by a bit due to a bit of extra food...This wasn;t too good seeing as I had gone out for dinner the night before!

I have had the tendency to overeat quite often before, due to a highly stressful year. However, I'm not sure why I suddenly had the urge to overeat when I have been going so well for the past couple of weeks! :( any advice?

Replies

• Gonzafitness
    Options
    It is ok to give yourself some cheat meals. If you deprive your bid of what it really wants then you will really gorge when you finally break down.
  • lissaann29078
    lissaann29078 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we all have a day where we end up eating things we know we shouldn't eat, and eating more than we should. Do not beat yourself up over this, because we all have been there and done that at some point. None of us are perfect!! We all have goals and we are all here to support each other.
  • biggirlnomore92
    Options
    Sometimes we all have a day where we end up eating things we know we shouldn't eat, and eating more than we should. Do not beat yourself up over this, because we all have been there and done that at some point. None of us are perfect!! We all have goals and we are all here to support each other.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1400 calories might just not be enough for you, especially if you run.
  • rosemary98
    Options
    for me, there is definitely an emotional component to eating that i have worked on for years. still working on it. i just try to have snacks at hand that are nutritious but meet my craving needs.

as others have said, you may not be getting enough calories as well, and your body is trying to tell you "hey, i am hungry."