Centurion Method? Parkour?

Options
I've been practicing Centurion Method since October 20th, and before that was doing Parkour.

Does anyone else do these workouts?

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    By your command
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Huh?

It looks like we both like Avery delicious craft beers.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Never heard of the Centurion Method before.
    While it likely is not for me, I will be pointing some friends at it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So say we all.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Is this like the Rhythm method or the withdrawal method or the symptothermal method?
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ever since I saw it on youtube a few years ago i've always thought parkour was really cool. Now that I've been really improving my fitness level over the past year, I actually am interested in doing this type of training. I love circuit training/bodyweight excercises and running, but am not crazy about freeweight strength training.

Is this something that you have trained/learned on your own? I ask because I just discovered that there is actually a free running/parkour training facility in my area and was wondering how easy it would be to learn without having a trainer/instructor and if it would be worth it to pay for one.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You can do the centurion method, just don't let the spartan people catch you.
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This is the way I have essntially always preferred to train, since I was very young. I was doing parkour before I had even heard of such a thing. : ) It just suits my wiring best.

If you are intuitively drawn to it then I highly recommend it. Its the most fun one can have while getting stronger, and more importantly tougher. Plus there is something primally therapeutic about thriving physically outdoors!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I have roaming hands does that count?
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You can do the centurion method, just don't let the spartan people catch you.

Ba dum dum ching!
  • Morgaath
    Options
    Ok, that was interesting. I wasn't surprised to see a bunch of Odinist and Asatru practicing CM as it would speak to all the ones I know, but I was a surprised to keep coming across their more...how did that blogger put it..."socially conservative" members. Reading about a workout, clicking on the home page to see what else they might have to say, and umm... so wow, at least you are not hiding your feelings of superiority. If that is the only thing you have to feel pride in, you have more problems than a workout plan is going to fix.
    But hey, all religions have their weirdo extremist. Just look at the Westboro group as an example.

But I did get a lot of ideas for my own workouts.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Practicing Centurion Method makes you about as Odinist doing Parkour makes you French, which is not ****ing at all.

So, don't try to apply some crap you read about other people who practice CM to me, please and thank you.

This thread is for people who practice Parkour or Centurion Method to meet and connect, not a place for you to throw around your self-righteous political views, or some half-assed attempt to psychologically analyze my "problems." You, Morgaath, are an office worker, not a psychologist.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

It did, didn't it.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options

/thread
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Practicing Centurion Method makes you about as Odinist doing Parkour makes you French, which is not ****ing at all.

So, don't try to apply some crap you read about other people who practice CM to me, please and thank you.

This thread is for people who practice Parkour or Centurion Method to meet and connect, not a place for you to throw around your self-righteous political views, or some half-assed attempt to psychologically analyze my "problems." You, Morgaath, are an office worker, not a psychologist.

0wj1paa.gif
  • Morgaath
    Options
    I wasn't applying it to you. I was making the observation that it seems to have drawn quite a few Odinist and Asatru to it, and that it was interesting to suddenly realize what was all over the rest of the blog I was on.

Everything after the "umm... so wow" was me expressing my internal dialog toward the various people whose blog I was on.

I have several Odinist friends, and a dozen or more folks who I casually know, so I know the religion has a sector that I'd rather not associate with, I just normally don't find myself in their parts of the world unexpectedly, either the real world, or the web. Running into 1, hey, whatever. Running into 6 in a row, was worth making a comment about.
    Seems I didn't express myself well when I made the comment.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    By your command

tumblr_m9ph3jNzg51r9t6jso1_500.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Actually....

This is a public forum so.....

I think you failed there. :flowerforyou:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Oh OK, that makes me feel better. I hate being generalized with some of those folks who can be quite offensive, no doubt.

Ironically I received an email from Women's Health Magazine advertising the Spartacus Workout this morning!

I guess we're all jumping on "Name Your New Workout After Something Historical" bandwagon.

What's next?