Help, what am I going to eat!

Options
I so need to find menus for healthier eating because this flying by the pants is not working.

Do have menu suggestions? Websites that u go to? Cookbooks u use?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I really like hungrygirl.com...there's tons of recipes there
  • Lugenna
    Lugenna Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks, going to look there now!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm at a loss & need a low cal meal, I whip together 3 servings of egg whites (90cal), then in a dif pan, sautee a bunch of veggies, whatever I have in the ref. (red pepper, edamame soybeans, broccolie, zucchini, tomato) & dump them over my scrambled egg whites. Very yummy & filling!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Cooking/Main.aspx

That is the site I use. It seems to have everything, only made more healthy. But my favorite feature is that you can adjust the recipe for 1 or for 20+. It's awesome.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I love Cooking Light. I subscribe to the mag, but you can use the website for free!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Hungry Girl too. but Eating Well.com is great, or even Weight Watchers.com has some recipes. I've been cooking my own chinese when the craving starts, making my own 'better for you' pizza, onion rings, chicken strips, and buffalo "wings"! It can be done! Good luck :)
  • bunnymad
    bunnymad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/ as it has all the calorie information for every recipe!!
  • Lugenna
    Lugenna Posts: 28
    Options
    Great. I need to do much better w shopping for foods. Do any of u eat meals like lean cuisine? And when ur home, do u use canned vegs? I read washing them off can reduce sodium by 40%. I think we should plan meals, do u plan?
  • ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    there's also some recipes on fitness.com as well :)
  • ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i don't plan meals...but it's been a great tool for some. Fresh veggies and fruit area always better, but I've used canned green beans and corn. Also some jarred/canned fruits.
  • kklittle
    kklittle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do use canned veggies some, but frozen are nearly as cheap and seem as good as fresh in a lot of recipes, and seem like they have less added stuff. I had not heard about rinsing to reduce sodium...
  • mmatteson
    Options
    I found shopping the perimeter of the store is much better than the isles...so I started filling up on fruits, veggies, and fresh meats, along with Mrs Dash or McCormicks spices to add flavoring. I would try websites like food network, mylifetime.com (cooking yourself thin), taste of home, etc. I've found many interesting recipies with great ways of cooking to reduce calories, etc. I was watching cooking yourself thin and found that if you sautee your vegetables in chicken stock instead of olive or vegetable oil, you're not only adding flavor but saving hugely on calories. Cooking Yourself Thin also has a recipe book available.

I don't plan meals since my life is so chaotic as it is and I have eaten some Lean Cuisine meals on occassion. The only thing to watch for on those meals is the sodium count; I've read that the healthy choice meals can be better for you, both in calories and sodium.

Good luck with your journey.