NO kids and 37

Options
Hey Everyone!

I have a great group of MFP friends, and I'm searching for more. I'm trying to find people that are around my age and don't have kids. (Trust me, I don't discriminate race/gender), and plenty of my friend on here are married with kids--which is great. I'm trying to find more people like me. I think I'm in a relationship that is dissolving. (We haven't talked in days). I don't have kids--even though at 37 I really want them. I was diagnosed with PCOS--and that kind of steals away my hope from having kids. I have a hard time meeting real friends because I'm not married and I don't have kids. I'm hoping there are people out there that understand being the 3rd wheel or not fitting in. Do I sound pathetic? Probably. I just want a better life. So, if you are interested in helping me and me helping you--that would be great :)

Jaycie

Replies

• tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    39 here with no kids. People always look at me cross-eyed when they find out that I don't. lol Am married (2nd marriage of which happened later in life). You can add me if ya like!!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and married but do not have children, nor do I want any. I have 5 nieces and nephews with two more nieces on the way. I love being an auntie! Making friends is not easy and gets more difficult the older we get as there are not as many opportunities to meet people. You don't sound pathetic at all, it is human nature to want to have people to share your life with. My pals on this site have been absolutely vital to my success in getting fit and losing weight. Without their constant encouragement and support I would have given up a long time ago. Feel free to add me :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    We've been trying for 5 years, no luck. Possibly going to try clomid in February, but if it doesn't work then our efforts will halt in June, when I'll be 37.
  • spaceyplum
    spaceyplum Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're going through such a rough patch pal! I'm 38 with no kids (I get the stink eye on that one too but I never had a desire to have them) and getting married for the first time in my life so don't lose hope, the right guy is out there for you! You are not pathetic, I totally understand feeling like the 3rd wheel... felt that way most of my adult life. I have three close friends and I'm the second one to pair up and I realize now hard it is to juggle time with your partner, family and friends... I find myself feeling guilty because I just don't have the time to do everything. I hope you come to a decision that's best for you and your wellbeing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me :-)

I am married...but I am 37 with no kids. I am never having them (out of choice) and I do feel your pain re: friendships

I actually find it harder being married without kids than I have at times when I was single. I tend to prefer having girlfriends that I hang out with and then hanging out with my husband, but I've never been much for hanging out with other married couples on double dates and such. It is way too hard to match up interests and personalities of FOUR people in my opinion!

Not that we're gonna be "hanging out" on MFP - haha

But yeah..I have found that a lot of women really don't "get it" when a woman their age doesn't have kids and they seem at a loss for things to discuss. Fortunately I do have tons of friends with kids who DO "get it" and we never run out of common interests, but I always wish I had more childfree by choice or childless friends my age. The worst for me is growing close to younger friends who are in the pre-motherhood stage and once they have kids, I hardly ever see or speak to them :-/

Good luck!!
  • SugarPie07
    SugarPie07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    36 and no kids. We were trying for a long time and I'd had a couple of miscarriages. Then I found out about the affair my husband was having, so that kind of killed everything for us. I'm filing for divorce now. It's unlikely that I'll have kids at this point, even though I've always wanted to.

<-- I guess I should change my profile picture.
  • DontWeightForMe
    DontWeightForMe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't have children but I would love to have them.:) Got married later in life. I'm doing IVF in the new year but need to lose weight as my BMI is effecting my efforts. Its a catch 22 ,the more I got stressed the more I ate.
    I have my embros literally waiting for me. Found out my hormones are out of wack and its affected my uterine lining so was not able to do transfer... I'm not looking for a pity party. I just started MFP and I'm so motivated to do this for me! Regardless of what happens...I no longer want to be unhappy because of the weight gain. I know in the end God has a plan and it will work out the way it is suppose to ( took a long time to get to this place) But, I am NOT going to wallow and continue to be fat. I really want this weight lost so bad!! I got married 2 weeks before my 38th birthday for the first time.. It will happen for you. Don't settle. Keep your heart open, stay positive and he will come.:) I would very much like to be friends. I was single for a long time.. I so get it!!!:)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    36 and no kids. We were trying for a long time and I'd had a couple of miscarriages. Then I found out about the affair my husband was having, so that kind of killed everything for us. I'm filing for divorce now. It's unlikely that I'll have kids at this point, even though I've always wanted to.

<-- I guess I should change my profile picture.

Girl!! Yes.

Move on to a better and happier life!!
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm older (53) and also no kids. I'm a great auntie and never needed more, but I also have PCOS so I feel your pain on that one. I got married at 42 (1st for both of us).

Feel free to add me for support! PCOS means the weight comes off slower and takes more effort, but it can be done.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    41 and no kids. Feel free to add me as a friend. You don't sound pathetic...you sound like me. :smile:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    The old (pre 1990 or so) logic dictated that most people were married and/or had babies by age 30. Not so today. It isn't abnormal to not have kids at 37.

As a man, my perspective is slightly different than a woman's would be.

I think the key is find others in the same place, which is easier now than ever, especially if you live in a major metropolitan area. In my city, there are tons of Meetup groups with women in their 30s/40s who are childless.

However, there are circumstances for me as never having been married and no kids where I am made to feel out of place. I avoid those situations as much as possible.
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    No kids and 36. I get the stink eye as well, but oh well. I try to avoid situations where I am the third wheel, but sometimes it happens (work parties are fabulous for that one!) Feel free to add me if you like.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Add me 31 married no kids and no desire to have them. I am very sorry you can not though. I will be your friend and help you out :)
  • SpookyElectric
    SpookyElectric Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Also 37, single, no kids! Nor do I want any - as my mother puts it, I have "all the maternal instinct of a killer shark"... Harsh, but fair!

Most of my friends are paired off now - I still spend time with them, but yes, people can treat you a little differently being the only singleton with no interest in children!

At least at 37, people have stopped telling me that I'll change my mind about having kids when I meet the right man! Silver linings! :laugh:

Add me if you like.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Friend me... 37, no kids and out there dating like a champ. I am constantly begging friends to go out b/c they are married or with kids they can't. It is hard making friends at this age anyway, but take away the fact you don't have the "kid factor", there is less in common with these women than 10 yearsa go.
    Friend me!
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Adoption!! A child in need would be honored to have you as their mommy :)
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm only 20, so I know we've got a couple years between us. but I have PCOS too! And on top of that another medical condition that takes that small chance of having kids and makes it virtually zero.

I totally know how hard weight loss is with PCOS! Feel free to add me :)

Edit: haha in noting my chances of kids, I thought I should probably also note that I wasn't really looking to have any anyways... especially anytime soon xD
  • Rogue_77
    Rogue_77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 36 with no kids and not married
    In a relationship he has Mcad so he wants
    Kids but doesn't like me, I have some family
    Health issues that has skipped me but might
    Not skip kids if I had them.
  • Ben1830
    Ben1830 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a 37 year old husband, and we don't have kids...perhaps someday. I'm trying to meet nice & fun people on here to pass the time while I try to loose weight. I've also had difficulty meeting friends out in the real world to work out with, but I enjoy doing spin to work out in a group setting. It's good to have nice connections with some of the people on this site, so if you're looking for another good MPF friend, feel free to add me...
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nothing pathetic about feeling the way you do. There are lots of us out here who identify with you, just look at everyone who responded! I just turned the big 4-0 this year and couldn't be happier. No kids here either, but I chose to focus on building a great career so that part just didn't happen for me. Sending you a FR, I'm on here every day and always try to offer words of encouragement. Cheer up and best of luck to you!