P90X yoga hate!

Options
I started P90x this week and I HATE the yoga dvd. I actually did the first 30 mins of it and stopped. Can I sub out another DVD on yoga day or do cardio instead? Yoga just isn't for me. I am actually pretty flexible but feel like I could benefit from another type of workout. Loving the other DVD's so far!:love:

Anyone else hate yoga or is it just me?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Of course you can. I hate the yoga too. So do the cardio instead.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Most people I know hate Tony's yoga and sub another DVD. There's no need to do 90 minutes of it, but then again there's no need to do 90 minutes of anything if you work efficiently.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'd rather visit the gyno then do more Yoga!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I only did 30 minutes of this too... you've reminded me that I should break out the P90X again...

Thanks for that. :)
  • sandiegocali1
    sandiegocali1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I always skip that one as well. WAY TOO LONG!!!
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I know most people hate it and I hated it too in the beginning, but I promise it is so worth it. And after a while it will become apart of your routine and it will dramatically increase your flexibility.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I hated yoga as well, when I first started (in my third consecutive round of P90X, although substituted the cardio workouts with Insanity this last round), but now I really enjoy it.

But, stretching is really important. Maybe instead of the Yoga, give X Stretch a shot?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I hated yoga as well, when I first started (in my third consecutive round of P90X, although substituted the cardio workouts with Insanity this last round), but now I really enjoy it.

But, stretching is really important. Maybe instead of the Yoga, give X Stretch a shot?

Oh I forgot about X-Stretch! Isn't that what they suggest you do in place of the Yoga if you're not quite ready for the Yoga? It's been awhile since I read the paperwork... but I dimly recall something of this sort.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am with you 100%. I could not stand the Yoga DVD either WAY too long.
    Can you do the X stretch?
    Right now I am doing Insanity Asylum, so i do feel its VERY beneficial to take advantage of the stretch DVD that comes with my program, but what i typically do is sub another workout in its place during the week and then on Saturday i will do Saturday's workout and then do the stretch DVD afterwards to end my week. Sunday is my rest.
  • 40mpw
    40mpw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I hated the first 45 minutes of yoga X and nearly gave up my first time through. Glad I stuck with it, because I LOVED the last 45 minutes. It's more balance poses and stretching, less flow.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    This just drags on and on, .........(sigh).

My son visited last week and took my set of dvd's...:grumble:

• Lisa1971
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    That yoga DVD is effing hard. That being said, I HATED doing it but LOVED that I accomplished it every single time I did it.

If you've bought p90x why not commit to putting your whole effort into it? You'll feel like you really accomplished what you set out to do and you have no idea how much work that yoga DVD does for you. Just get through the whole thing! You said you stopped at 30 minutes in, well that was pretty much the end of the hard part!! It gets easier from there!!! Just do your best and forget the rest! But get through the whole DVD.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    Most people I know hate Tony's yoga and sub another DVD. There's no need to do 90 minutes of it, but then again there's no need to do 90 minutes of anything if you work efficiently.

Well, considering it's not 90 minutes of straight yoga I guess it's good you don't need to do 90 minutes. It's yoga plus stretching. That's why it's so long.
  • mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as everyone else who absolutely HATED it in the beginning, but loved it after I finished it. Like what was said earlier, the last 45 minutes actually feel pretty good and seem to fly by after the first 45.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I usually split into two separate days...all the downward dog stuff one day and the balance stuff another day. I actually like yoga, just not 90 minutes of it!! LOL!!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Didn't know there was a good amount of stretching involved after the first 30 mins. Thanks for the info! I actually LOVE to stretch!