200 days with pictures

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
I started in the beginning of May, I'd just returned from a trip to Florida and I realized how big I'd gotten. Someone on Facebook posted a print that said something like, a year from now you'll wish you'd started today.. I weighed 198.4. I'm 46 years old and I've had 4 kids.

xgmqko.jpg
11aibgh.jpg

I started at 1200 calories, that lasted 3 days. I found an in place of a roadmap post and read it. I upped my calories gradually over the next few weeks up to around 1600. I lost quickly. I started walking.

I started a couch to 5k program in August for the 7th time. My neighborhood is hilly so I had to run slow. I learned that the key to not dying was running slow. I bought some real running shoes week 3 and nothing could stop me. This picture was taken in September, after finishing my first 20 minute run, when I deemed myself a runner. I believe I weighed around 169.

288umgn.jpg

I also started lifting weights and working with a trainer at this time, but it was too much, I decided to stick with running for the time being. It was a tough decision, but I've wanted to be a runner for decades and I was succeeding, so I stuck with running. I ran my first 5k in October and finished in around 33 minutes, which is great for this 46 year old lady.

My weight loss stalled for 2 months, my amazing MFP friends helped me through. I finally started losing again. I weighed myself this morning, but didn't record it because my official weigh in day is Monday. I weighed 157.8 today, I've lost 40.6 pounds in 200 days.

I took these pictures today
2s7gdoz.jpg
2mw7zwi.jpg

I have 18 more pounds to lose.
Pant size then 16 Now 6/8
Shirt size then xl. Now m
Athletic clothing I've gone from an xl to a medium

I just have the belly flab left. I'm heading back to the gym to start with my trainer again, I've got my running on a schedule, I can now run 41 minutes without stopping, I'm training for a 10k on New Years Day.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!