Newbie looking for supportive new friends!

Options
Hey y'all!! My name is Ashlee and I am a 29 year old stay at home mom of 3 beautiful children. Right now I am at my heaviest weight of 230. for the past year i have stayed at this weight. No matter what i do, I don't gain or lose anything. I do not have a very good support system so I have a hard time sticking to this but this time I'm going to do it a little differently. Only a handful of people know.. Right now my biggest supporter is my amazing cousin.. Seeing her motivation is what motivates me! I do Zumba and Wii Fit, I walk and run on my treadmill. During the week i help my land lady clean out and organize her houses so I am constantly lifting heavy things and going up and down stairs. I follow my calorie goal.. I find myself always under but I guess it better than going over. I am here looking for supporters and new friends. I love meeting and getting to know new people, I love seeing people's motivation. Here's to making new friends!!

-Ashlee

Replies

• Hi there

After giving birth to our first child I am STILL 63 pounds OVER what I was before I fell pregnant and am so down about it!

My baby is now 10 weeks old and I thought that I would at least still get my tummy and weight to be down a little but even one of the new doctors at pour surgery asked if I was pregnant so I decided I needed to do something positive as I have been in tears daily and my sister in law recommended this site!

Its so hard to try and prepare meals as the little one is a handful at the moment, I have only been eating 2 slices of toast in the morning and then a jacket potato in the evening but have ended up putting an extra 6 pounds ON since giving birth and am now desperate as can't understand why!

Due to a difficult birth I have been unable to exercise or even go for walks but now after being given the all clear to have 'small walks' at least thats a start but I need to try lose it without exercise if that is possible!!

Any help, advice or tips would be SO appreciated!!
  • SerialFatKiller
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I would be be glad to be a supporter.
  • beckyzalldat
    beckyzalldat Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi Ash, you sound like your doing all the right things. ..good luck and add me :)
  • AshleeNikoleNee
    Options
    Y'all are already putting a smile on my face!! :) thanks so much!!
  • kyleminer
    kyleminer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, Ashlee. Keep it up. I'll be in your corner!
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashlee,

First of all: welcome to MFP! I'm also a stay at home mom of two beautiful girls. I've been consistently on MFP for 5.5 months and have lost close to 35 pounds. I run 3 times a week and lift weights (beginner) 3 times a week, with the occasional chest meal every once in a while.

I like to keep a small friends list so I can effectively interact with everyone. Please feel free to add me and we can help support each other.

Cheers,
    Andrea.
  • rebeccaaa_elizabeth
    Options
    Hey Ashlee! Feel free to add me - I'm relatively new, also. :)
  • greenhudler
    Options
    Feel free to add me Ashlee :). I'm also a mother of three and always looking for extra support and better yet -- more accountability!
  • flabulousme
    Options
    Still in my first week here! Would love to buddy up :) Add me
  • AshleeNikoleNee
    Options
    I already feel all support given!! Thank you so much!
  • rosie_gw135
    Options
    Hi! I too am faily new..barely on my 3rd week..Feel free to add me! We can use all the support we can get! :) Good luck!
  • rnmortell
    Options
    I'm new also feel free to add me I'm looking for the same thing too just started.
  • Gonzafitness
    Options
    feel free to add. You can do this!
  • sweetcheekz82
    Options

Its so hard to try and prepare meals as the little one is a handful at the moment, I have only been eating 2 slices of toast in the morning and then a jacket potato in the evening but have ended up putting an extra 6 pounds ON since giving birth and am now desperate as can't understand why!

Due to a difficult birth I have been unable to exercise or even go for walks but now after being given the all clear to have 'small walks' at least thats a start but I need to try lose it without exercise if that is possible!!

Any help, advice or tips would be SO appreciated!!
    Girl you are preaching to the chore here. I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy leaving me at 260 pounds the day I went in to have my 9 pounds 3 ounce baby boy. He became stuck in my pelvic bone and had to have suction to help get him out (I was seconds away from being rushed into emergency C-section). While trying to push a family member over extended my leg while trying to help me push and I had a pulled ligament and stuff. It took me several months to get back to being able to walk more then half a block or be able to get off the floor without help. You have 2 slices of toast and then a jacked up potato. That's some carbs right there. Try increasing your proteins and healthy fats like fish into your diet. Do you have PCOS? if you do then you need to try and have less then 30% carbs to calories and potato's are not your best friend. Try reading up on the glycemic index this will help you understand what foods are best to eat
  • sweetcheekz82
    Options
    sent you a friends request. I can tell by your post that your going to succeed in your journey to weight loss. Stay motivated and you can do it.