Help - need to increase Good Fats & Protein

Options
HELP......

Working with a trainer and she has just revised my percentages and have now got to eat more calories...
I am lacking in the GOOD FATS & PROTEIN.... and need to get these percentages up... and also increase calories.

HELP..... I am eating 3 meals daily and snacking mid moring / mid afternooon.

Need suggestions... Thanks... so much !!

^..^

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Chicken, salmon (for me to hit protein it is a double portion), eggs (woooohooo)

Avacocado's are good fats - mix some of that in with sandwiches, salads etc... I don't eat nuts so can't help you there lol

For instance today I had 3oz turkey and 3 whole eggs in my salad for a good protein intake. Tonight I will have salmon patties - it can be done, just have to find the tricks to it :)
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Nuts!! Almonds especially!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Eggs, sausage, bacon.

Peanut butter.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Buy Whole Flax Seed (grind it yourself in an old coffee grinder{better to grind yourself instead of already ground. Oils go bad faster, and WAY cheaper} sprinkle 1/4 cup of it a day on all sorts of things.......yogurt, salad, popcorn, applesauce..... It is a great source of Omega-3 {it has to be ground for the body to use it properly. Whole flax seed is great fiber, but you can not extract the Omega-3 if you don't grind it up}. I buy it bulk @ $1.99 lb

Avocados, Salmon (good source for both), Kale, Lean Chicken, Whey Protein, Eggs, Romaine Lettuce (has a great source of plant based protein, Beans, A good Fish Oil/ D-3 supplement, Tuna, Turkey Breast Cutlets, Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachios, Cashews, Quinoa, Spinach, Arugala, and so on.....
  • Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Extra virgin olive oil, butter and double cream .....
  • janetmlord
    Options
    Danio yogurt is high protein, that with some almonds might help.....
  • rymincks
    rymincks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast and peanut butter. Both filling and good sources of protein/fat.