Huge NSV.....

Options
for me anyway! I visited my husband at work this afternoon, we own a tattoo shop so it's hard for him to get away even to eat. He was starving and didn't have time to run out himself to get something to eat. He asked me to go to McDonald's for him. Oh God! Not McDonald's!!! Where french fries will out live the apocalypse, burgers are made of something that resembles beef, but probably contain all man made chemicals, and McFlurries! Oh my Jesus! MCFLURRIES!!!!!!!! And it all tastes like Heaven in your mouth!! Fast food, my downfall. My chain. My "I no longer care that I am a big fat blob of unhealthiness, give me a Big Mac DANG IT!!!" Typically, even when I have dinner planned and sometimes started and have to run through the drive thru I just rationalize that the fast food is quicker, easier. What is one day gonna hurt? One day turns into 2, then 3, then before ya know it, everyday. You can imagine my apprehension pulling up to the little speaker.
"Welcome to McDonald's. What can I get for you?"
"Ummmm..."
"Order when you are ready."
"Okay, give me a number 2 with no pickles and a coke please."
"Is that all for you?"
-- insert will power from the gods-- "Yes, yes, that's all. Thank you."

(Do a little happy dance in my car)

I drove to the shop and dropped off the food without ever even touching ONE salty greasy yummy french fry!!

Yay me!!! A little dancing while waiting for the baked chicken and veggies in my oven to get done! =)

Replies

• gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Two thumbs up....way up!
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    Yay you :)
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is a huge NSV for anyone! Great job and awesome willpower!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Once you manage to avoid the temptation it gives you the confidence that you truly are in control. Every now and then once you get that control it's ok, but you already know it sets you up for several days of being off track...so, well done!
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! That is complete self control!!!!!!!!
  • LindaEmrys
    LindaEmrys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • kerbyd13
    kerbyd13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! keep it up! Im smiling big for you!
  • ChaosLoveRage
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Super proud of you!
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    *standing ovation and wild applause*

That is SUCH an achievement, our habits got us into this and one step at a time changing those habits will get us out of it.

Congrats!
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Two thumbs up....way up!

AMEN!!
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Those fries are Sirens; especially if you had to drive far smelling them in the car.
    I bow to the awesomeness of your willpower.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you! What did you have for lunch?
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My lunch is most people's dinner time, as I work 3rd shift. We had bbq baked chicken, green beans, spiced up white rice and garlic bread. I was so much yummier than McDonald's and will last me longer. =)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I'm doing my happy dance for ya!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic well done I have the same problem :flowerforyou: :happy: :drinker:
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! :smile: And Gerald....EPIC beard!!! :happy:
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Huge NSV! Good job. I think the first time is the hardest. I travel quite a bit with other people, horse showing, so we have to stop at quick places while hauling horses...it's gotten easier. I just get a plain grilled chicken salad and try not to salivate on the other people's fries. ;)
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Brava! :drinker: Brava! Excellent self-control!

One has to KNOW the amount of effort it requires to recover
    from a slip-up, :sad: in order to resist temptation. :noway:

It helps me to think, "I'm ALLERGIC :sick: to those foods. They make me binge,
    and then I break out in FAT!" :sad:

Keep up the good work!
  • stayfocus3d
    stayfocus3d Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    doing the happy dance with you Sister in sweat. i'm so proud of you. wtg.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    lol you're awesome. Love that attitude!!

Congratulations!!!

I felt kind of this way last week when I went to an Indian buffet. It was so delicious and I did go back for a second plate but I actually got 3-4 tiny portions on that second plate instead of filling it. Like 1/4 cup of this, 1/8 cup of that. Amazing for me. hehe
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!