New here too

Options
Hello all -

I could use a system like this because like many of us, I am BUSY! I'm a mom, wife, and work outside the home. The bottom line is that I was always able to eat what I wanted and stay thin until I hit 40 years old. I am almost 5'6", but I claim 5'5" and have been watching myself creep up and up on the scale. I now weigh 147 and my ideal weight - and the weight that I had been at for years is 130. Seventeen pounds to lose sounds impossible right now, but with support, and especially ACCOUNTABILITY!, I can do it. I realize that I don't have a ton of weight to lose, but if I continue emotionally eating, as I have been doing, I will wake up and find myself much worse than I am today. I am taking the bull by the horns.

Since I work on computers, this system should be a huge support! I can check in throughout the day. Any comments and support would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• EHBRown28
    EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello all -

I could use a system like this because like many of us, I am BUSY! I'm a mom, wife, and work outside the home. The bottom line is that I was always able to eat what I wanted and stay thin until I hit 40 years old. I am almost 5'6", but I claim 5'5" and have been watching myself creep up and up on the scale. I now weigh 147 and my ideal weight - and the weight that I had been at for years is 130. Seventeen pounds to lose sounds impossible right now, but with support, and especially ACCOUNTABILITY!, I can do it. I realize that I don't have a ton of weight to lose, but if I continue emotionally eating, as I have been doing, I will wake up and find myself much worse than I am today. I am taking the bull by the horns.

Since I work on computers, this system should be a huge support! I can check in throughout the day. Any comments and support would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I just joined, too - I feel your pain on the slowing metabolism after 40. You are smart to jump on in when you've only got 17 pounds to lose. (Though I'm sure it does seem daunting!) Good luck to you. This website is awesome!

Cheryl
  • donnag524
    donnag524 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I gained most of my excess weight after 40 also. In part from emotional eating. I've been a single Mom with 2 children since the death of my husband in 1994 and ended a long term relationship at the wonderful age of 42. It's funny that when I told my doctor that I had never weighed this much in my life and didn't understand it, he didn't say anything about emotions, metabolism after 40, stress etc. It was give the standard tests ( thyroid, cholesterol, and such) I truly believe, after trying to adjust my eating habits and drink plenty of water, that the stress, metabolism changes, and depression are exactly what happened to me. Thankfully my children are now in their teens and I am able to spend a little more time trying to make myself happy including joining this site and trying to really stick to a change in eating habits this time. So far I have lost about 10 pounds and am feeling better every day. Keep the positive attitude and try to do a little something special for yourself every day if at all possible.
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me