Chipotle

Options
Trying to fit chipotle in my macros is TOUGH. The chipotle nutrition calculator is awesome, but I get the feeling like the workers are just eye balling the scoops of each item. I think I'm getting a lot more than what I'm accounting for when going to this place, but I can't help it. How do you guys deal with this?

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    you could try complaining to management that they are giving you more then you paid for and are messing up your calorie counting.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I tend to estimate that they give me about 20% more than the serving sizes, to be on the safe side. Especially since I usually order a bowl with "half chicken and half beef". When you order half-and-half they're supposed to give you half portions of each, but they're so accustomed to dishing out the same amount each time that they just give a normal sized scoop of each. More meat, same $. :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    eat half and save the other half...leftovers!
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I tend to estimate that they give me about 20% more than the serving sizes, to be on the safe side. Especially since I usually order a bowl with "half chicken and half beef". When you order half-and-half they're supposed to give you half portions of each, but they're so accustomed to dishing out the same amount each time that they just give a normal sized scoop of each. More meat, same $. :smile:

I need to test this
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I worked at a place like chipotle, and let me tell you, the managers would NOT be happy if you were giving out more than the standard measurement of anything, so I'd say it is close to accurate.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

I need to test this

It works! But you have to make sure to say "half chicken and half beef" (or whatever meat combo you're getting). If you say "chicken and beef", they'll charge you for extra meat.
    Similarly you can get both black beans and pinto beans if you want (which usually means more beans in total), and you can add the fajita veggies to your bowl at no charge.

I play the Chipotle Value Game on a bi-weekly basis.
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I dont have anything to add to this other than I ****ing love CHIPOTLE.. YMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Have you considered.... just throwing this out there..... perhaps.... not eating the whole thing? Maybe some self-control when you can't control the Chipotle staff? Hmm?

I buy a burrito bowl at Chipotle and make 3 meals out of it.
  • BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would say overestimate what they give you to give it some cushion and try to eat maybe half one day and half another day...
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Trying to fit chipotle in my macros is TOUGH. The chipotle nutrition calculator is awesome, but I get the feeling like the workers are just eye balling the scoops of each item. I think I'm getting a lot more than what I'm accounting for when going to this place, but I can't help it. How do you guys deal with this?

Love Chipotle, but due to the extremely sodium in their food, I only eat it if I am shopping and hungry.
  • doctorandrew
    Options
    It's not really about how much they give me that I'm worried about. It's about hitting my macros and how to portion out the bowl to meet my nutrition goals. I tried weighing out each ingredient individually, but that turned out a hot mess. I think they actually did give me 1.5 servings versus the one on their site calculator. Oh well. Like someone else said, more stuff same monies =).

Got me the Chicken Burrito, Double Meat, Brown Rice, Black Beans, Fajitas, Tomato Salsa, Corn, Lettuce, and guacamole.
    Calories- 935
    Carbs - 88g
    Protein - 81g
    Fat - 33g

Did my best to separate and weigh the ingredients to hit my macros. It's a bit overwhelming, but well worth it. Next time maybe I could ask them to separate at least the rice, beans, and meat.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot OP. Now i am craving Chipotle!
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I separated out my bowl and weighed everything individually once and everything was very close to the correct serving size except the rice but I could tell when she dished it that she gave me too much. I would say that as long as you don't have chipotle super often that the discrepancy will not be too detrimental to your diet.