What is the nicest thing anyone has said to you...

Options
124»

Replies

• Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    "I love you"
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Someone told me I was their favorite person. That was really nice.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    I am the parent of a physically disabled child. My 90 something male neighbor told me "You are a great mom, and that young man of yours is blessed to have such a dedicated mother." That is by far the nicest thing I have ever been told because some days are a struggle and worry about failing him.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was told I was "fit". That "description" made me feel deeply complimented....
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That I have amazing calf muscles...

There are others, but I can't think of any right now.
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I began this my husband and son told me they were proud of me!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The looks on my family member's faces when they saw me a year or two after I started working on healthier habits - I had lost over 100 lbs by myself. None of them really said anything notable - their faces said it all.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    That I was and Angel and saved his life
  • sherry666
    sherry666 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was walking downtown one day and this young lady approached me and with tears in her eyes asked me if she could give me a hug. Without thinking much I said of course. She hugged and sobbed for what seemed a long time. Afterward, she told me that I was beautiful...that I looked exactly like her brother that had passed away a few months earlier. I've never forgotten that, it wasn't that she made me feel beautiful by any stretch of the imagination, it was the pure emotion of feeling her wanting to hug someone that she never thought she'd ever see again. Having experienced loss like that, I know exactly how she felt.

wow that's brutal... so nice of you to hug her though. someone else might have thought she was crazy and she'd gone on with that moment always in the back of her mind. I would have been crying with her, had that happen to me.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I was having a procedure done at the hospital and the nurse checking me in, while going over all the usual stuff from my file on the computer, indignantly exclaimed, "You're not overweight!"
  • Nilasaurus
    Nilasaurus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :cry: beautiful thread. :cry:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I had 3 people this week tell me I looked like Kris Jenner. I actually took it as a compliment, totally...even though I'm only 37 she is very attractive minus the plastic surgery look.

When I told my husband this he said "WTF! You are so much hotter than her!"

made me feel good :-)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    That I am the most wonderful mother they have ever seen.

Since being a parent is the most important thing to me in my life, any compliment towards my parenting or any compliments to and about my child are the best!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I overheard this but, they were talking ABOUT me:

Person 1: Do you really think he will help me? (a female friend needing a new engine in her car)

Person 2: Did he SAY he would help you?

Person 1: Yeah but, it's a pretty big job

Person 2: Look, if Bill said he would do it, he will do it. Thats just the guy he is.

I like that reputation.

Yep that is truly awesome!!

I love overhearing good things about myself or people I love.