Beer!

Options
Where are people getting their caloric information from for beers that are not already in the database? Just curious :smile:

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Google, the company's website or I guesstimate.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    If your too drunk to read the label on the bottle/can, then the calories dont count.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If your too drunk to read the label on the bottle/can, then the calories dont count.
    This method is also effective. If you remember how many beers to log afterwards then you're not doing it right anyway.
  • nytrifisoul
    Options
    This method is also effective. If you remember how many beers to log afterwards then you're not doing it right anyway.

The trick is to log them as you drink them, this way your only off by 50%
  • 30lbsorbust
    30lbsorbust Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can add foods by "creating" them and typing in all the info found on your can/pkg label.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Laughing because it's true!!!
  • 30lbsorbust
    30lbsorbust Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your fab weight loss!
  • Fit_girl4life
    Fit_girl4life Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I thought this was the beer line...okay, I'm outta here.
  • nytrifisoul
    Options

Here get in front of me.....you buying?
  • Fit_girl4life
    Fit_girl4life Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Here get in front of me.....you buying?

I don't have any pockets in my bikini = no money.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    if it's not in the data base (sometimes it's not when it's a local beer or something) i just try to log it as something it is similar to. beer doesn't count though so you're good
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm. Beer.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love beer ;)
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Where are people getting their caloric information from for beers that are not already in the database? Just curious :smile:

Only local brews that aren't distributed aren't in the database. I've found almost everyone I've searched for.
    If by some chance, it's not then scan the barcode on the bottle or can.
    Unless it's draught microbrew, then I'd guess based on type and enter something close.

If you're pedantic like me, look at the brewery draught boards, record the O.G and F.G and ABV, and use an app to estimate the calories.

Or unless I made it, then I enter the info based on what I measure for original and final gravities.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options

This is pure genious! First you established drunkenness then you establish logging.....WIN! May I know present you with THE INTERNET!!! It is yours for the rest of the day!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

[/quote
    Thats too funny! Oh, and my excuse for rum and cokes!]
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

you guys gotta be like the smartest people ever if you dont get nominated for a nobel then there is something wrong with this world
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories.php

This website had alcohol content vs. calories for a lot of beer.
  • okgal247
    okgal247 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Only local brews that aren't distributed aren't in the database. I've found almost everyone I've searched for.
    If by some chance, it's not then scan the barcode on the bottle or can.
    Unless it's draught microbrew, then I'd guess based on type and enter something close.

If you're pedantic like me, look at the brewery draught boards, record the O.G and F.G and ABV, and use an app to estimate the calories.

Or unless I made it, then I enter the info based on what I measure for original and final gravities.

Yeah- I've had a hard time with some. Yesterday, I had New Holland's El Mole Ocho, and there are a few New Holland's in the Database, but that was not one of them... I ended up looking at ratebeer.com and using their "estimate." I do like the idea of the app though. It's going to be important when I start getting closer to my goal, and continue my refusal to give up beer, to be as exact as I can.

Thanks!