I had a goal....

Options
Kminor67
Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
I started out at my top weight of 275 lbs in August of 2009. It was my last semester at Northern Illinois University, and I decided I was too big, and I needed to lose, so I started in, really not knowing what I was doing. I did manage to lose 10 lbs, but stuck there for a YEAR! so, in August, Amber, a friend of my daughter's, told me about MFP. I joined and checked it out, and IMMEDIATELY felt empowered. Suddenly I had a guide. I knew what to do! So, At 265 lbs, I set a goal that I would lose 20 lbs by Halloween. I set several more mini-goals at the time... determined to lose at least 100 lbs (considering my healthy weight range is 116-159).

Today, 2 days before Halloween was weigh in day. I got out of bed, went to the potty, and then stepped on the scale. Do I want to look? I HAVE TO LOOK!!! I look down, and I WAS 1.6 LBS UNDER MY GOAL!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!! My next goal is to be at 230 lbs by Christmas, and now, I KNOW I CAN DO IT!!! Thanks so much to Amber, to my friends, and to MFP! I couldn't have done it without you guys and the guidance I found here!

Replies

• jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You should definitely join our "12 pounds of Christmas" group if you haven't already!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats, awesome results. Keep up the great job........
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    WTG! Don't look at the big picture but focuse on the small goals! You are doing great!
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    AWESOME! makes ya feel good, doesn't it! :bigsmile:
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    So pleased you've met your goal!

and heres to the next one...:)
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You CAN do it! YOU are making it happen! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Kami that is EXCELLENT. It is so much easier to set mini goals especially if one has a lot of weight to lose. This way it doesn't seem so daunting. Even at only 40lbs to lose I felt that was an impossible task so I set up little goals which give positive reinforcement and are easy to achieve. Good work on this first 20! I am so proud of you!
  • mindymoe1
    Options
    you are doing so well!!! im so excited for you
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congrats on surpassing your Goal!! MFP is def a Great Tol & Very Supportive. Can't wait to see all of your updates and daily activities
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Aww Kami you are soo sweet! I am so glad you are doing so well! A little structure helps with your goals. We are just soo lucky that this site is free. Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait until I meet my first goal. I hope I have as much success as you! :flowerforyou:
  • Mari1969
    Options
    That is wonderful Kami!! Awesome job and I am really happy for you! Keep up the great work and know we are here for you.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on reaching your goal. And all the best of luck for the next one.

I totally agree, this site is awesome!!

:flowerforyou:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a guy who had a saying when it comes to completeing large tasks, he'd say "I eat an elephant one bite at a time." Way to keep working toward your goals. I have no doubt you will get there.
  • wife2mikejh
    Options
    Congrats!
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    Great job!!! You should definitely join our "12 pounds of Christmas" group if you haven't already!!!
    can you please post the link to this thread?
    thank you :)
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    well done :D thats a great start!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!