RIP Sylvia Browne

Options
I have loved Sylvia Browne for many years. She unknowingly helped me through a lot of low points in my life. This news hits me hard. I'm glad I have many of her books to read and reread.

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. I didn't see any other that would be prudent.

Sad!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152036020211223&id=196312131222

Replies

• geminigrey
    geminigrey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually one to speak ill of the dead, but good riddance to bad rubbish. The world needs fewer people huckstering people out of their money and hurting people for a quick buck.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Bet she didn't see THAT one coming.

I agree with Gemini. She gave false hopes to many people. She was a fraud, honestly. She may have had SOME spirits talking to her, but she wasn't what she said she was.

ETA: I apologize to the op because they said they liked Sylvia... or a troll.. not sure what.... But if it's genuine, then I'm sorry for upsetting you with my comments.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm a bit older, I can recognize that Sylvia Browne (while I'm not saying she was a complete fake) did actually give some people really bad advice and hurt some people.

However, she was a big part of my childhood, especially Sylvia Browne Wednesday's on Montel. Because of that, I'm really sad that she is gone.
  • BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually one to speak ill of the dead, [...]

Why?
    She did.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm not usually one to speak ill of the dead, but good riddance to bad rubbish. The world needs fewer people huckstering people out of their money and hurting people for a quick buck.

^this.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    One less fraud sucking up people's money.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm a bit older, I can recognize that Sylvia Browne (while I'm not saying she was a complete fake) did actually give some people really bad advice and hurt some people.

However, she was a big part of my childhood, especially Sylvia Browne Wednesday's on Montel. Because of that, I'm really sad that she is gone.

i know who your talking about i never really paid attention when she came on
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Lol.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Indicted on several charges of investment fraud and grand theft, grand larceny. etc $850 20-30mins telephone session.

She asserts that the "other side" exists approximately three feet above ground level and at a "higher vibrational level" and that makes it difficult for humans to perceive. Like a number of other psychics, she claims to have been born able to perceive a wider range of "vibrational frequencies"

So if you miss her just look up three feet and have your credit card details ready.

Sounds like a real peach (where are you damn sarcasm button)
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I posted this here. I didn't mean to open a can of worms. I didn't realize she was so controversial. I appreciate all of your opinions. If what you feel is true, she will be answerable now that she has gone.

Thank you,
  • toad493lbs
    toad493lbs Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Anyone that posted a negative comment should be ashamed of themselves! A person opens up and shares and you all trash someone that was special to them. SHAME ON YOU!!