Tonights Halloween dessert concert–how to resist?

Options
Tonight is my kids school Halloween concert. It is The tables will be covered in candy and treats. The only food is dessert. Lots and lots of dessert.

Oh boy, I haven't had to deal with this much temptation. Any ideas on how to cope without blowing it? I am afraid if I eat one piece it will be over for me. Maybe bring my own snacks?

Replies

• deb012667
    Options
    definitely eat BEFORE you go! if your not hungry, the snacks wont look so tempting.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I ate a sandwich (whole grain and protein) to fill me up before I went to the school parties today. I agree, if I start then I can't stop. So I didn't start.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would eat something filling before you go. Then I would allow myself one small treat (or half a treat). Take the treat & move away from the buffet before you slowly savor every taste. I wouldn't want to not eat a single thing - I would end up feeling depressed & deprived. Good luck!
  • missspacecadet
    Options
    Try your best not to be so close to the table, either. Out of sight=out of mind. Bring a bottle of water and sip on that to keep you satiated.

Be strong. Think about how much power and control you will have when you don't give in to food. It makes you one of the minority to turn down tempting fatty greasy foods. Have you noticed most of the people eating are fat?

Everytime you turn down food, you are saying yes to thin.

You can do it! I have faith. :)
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Try your best not to be so close to the table, either. Out of sight=out of mind. Bring a bottle of water and sip on that to keep you satiated.

Be strong. Think about how much power and control you will have when you don't give in to food. It makes you one of the minority to turn down tempting fatty greasy foods. Have you noticed most of the people eating are fat?

Everytime you turn down food, you are saying yes to thin.

You can do it! I have faith. :)
    I like that! Say yes to being thin!