Tried on old clothes, because today I need to feel thin!

Options
JTick
JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
Ever have one of those days where no matter what your ticker says, you just feel FAT? Well today I did...so whenever I have a day like that, I pull out the old clothes and try them on!

One of my old favorite shirts...I was kinda bummed when I shrunk out of it, but it's okay because I found me a new one almost identical to it!

6fa0de45-670c-4ff7-a2d5-e56da0b4327a_zps324a60c5.jpg

My dress pants which used to be too tight...I'd have to crank them up past my belly button to get them buttoned:

dbba42a6-6323-4885-b76d-916c5aa57307_zpsec8dc5a7.jpg

54c323e4-73ba-425d-a37f-095db415120d_zps5685d2f2.jpg

Replies

• discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. :-)
  • aharburger
    aharburger Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    wow you look incredible! and great idea to lift the spirits on hard days. way to go :)
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I know exactly what you mean by needing to try on those old clothes to see the difference. I have an old pair of capris that were the only thing I could fit into for a while, and like to try them on to see the difference.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Great job. You keep working it!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Nice to see the results of all the hard work. Love the idea of putting on the old clothes, I usually put on new smaller clothes, but doing it your way shows how far you have come. Well done you.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Excellent work and a good tried and true technique for restoring motivation and sense of purpose. My dietitian told me at the very beginning of the weight management journey to save a pair of pants and a shirt from your heaviest days. Works wonders to help you feel better, doesn't it?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! So proud you've worked so hard. Great idea too try on the old clothes.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Excellent work and a good tried and true technique for restoring motivation and sense of purpose. My dietitian told me at the very beginning of the weight management journey to save a pair of pants and a shirt from your heaviest days. Works wonders to help you feel better, doesn't it?

Definitely! I've gotten rid of all the rest of my big clothes, but kept this one outfit just for that reason.

Thanks everyone!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!! I went through all my stuff about a month ago. Got rid of FIVE garbage bags worth of clothing. I kept one pair of pants. They were my favorite for a very long time. I imagine I'll pull them out soon to check my progress again.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just pulled out my "big girl" pants yesterday for the motivation I needed to face the day on plan ;)
  • srobertking
    srobertking Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nice! Great idea. I might give it a go myself :)
  • kmurphy0403
    kmurphy0403 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have some old sweatshirts that I used to wear a lot a few years back when I was about 60 pounds heavier than I am now. They're huge on me now and I still sleep and bum around the house in them but they're really too big even for that. I keep them because they're warm and soft, but also because it's a little boost now and then to realize I've come far enough that I couldn't wear what used to be my favorite sweatshirts in public anymore, and that even if I struggle with doing what I need to do to get things going again, I did it before and I can again.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yeah... honestly, I prefer to wear bigger clothes until they literally won't stay up because it reminds me with every step and every bathroom break how much I have lost.

When I'm always scheming to get into the next size down, my clothes always feel snug and I don't always remember that they are x number of sizes smaller than my last snug clothes.

What a great feeling though for them to be that big on you!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have some old sweatshirts that I used to wear a lot a few years back when I was about 60 pounds heavier than I am now. They're huge on me now and I still sleep and bum around the house in them but they're really too big even for that. I keep them because they're warm and soft, but also because it's a little boost now and then to realize I've come far enough that I couldn't wear what used to be my favorite sweatshirts in public anymore, and that even if I struggle with doing what I need to do to get things going again, I did it before and I can again.

First off, OP you look great!!!

But yes...this! I still wear a few t-shirts to bed that I need to throw away but they haven't made the first, second, or thirteenth cuts! My husband has actually laughed at me for wearing some of them, especially a slightly scoop neck one that I couldn't keep on, it would always show one shoulder or the other one. It blows my mind that 2 years ago I wore it to the zoo with some pants that would not fit me now either, and felt like I looked cute and was actually wearing something rather figure-conscious. WHOA!

I struggle with sometimes seriously thinking my clothes have stretched out, or thinking my new clothes shrank in the dryer because they look so small to me. They aren't that small, but a pair of size 16 jeans coming out of the dryer looks a lot different than the 22's I wore for 15 years.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I had a NSV related to this story today. I was running late for work and instead of grabbing my new size navy pants I grabbed my old ones. I put them on, well tried to, but they were gigantic (used to be snug). I reminded myself that it is time to really clear our the closet. Sure does feel gooood.... :-)
    :smile:
  • Swt3mari
    Swt3mari Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is a good motivation, good job!!!!!
    I will keep the pants I have today and I will see how big they get after 3months.
  • mjay26
    mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    love it!! You are doing so well! :flowerforyou: I might have to try that next time I'm feeling down
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss even though you may feel at times that you aren't losing any weight its moments like these pics that show that you are losing weight and that all the hard work is finally paying off :smile:
  • zoecollins
    zoecollins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing job, well done and what a fab idea?! Ive thrown most of my 'fat' clothes away but i somehow have not thrown my knickers away so my boyfriend has started calling me 'saggy pants' in an effort to make me buy new smaller pants haha.... not working- i quite like my new pet name :)

Well done though and thanks for the pics

xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!