lose then gain

Options
I don't understand since I turned 30 i have gained 10 lbs.
I used to walk and lose weight like that for 30 mins 3 times a week.
But now I just lose .3 to 3lbs and week and gain them back the next week.
its really frustrating.
this causes me to go back to cookies and donuts because I think whats the use.
any suggestions?
i even quit weight watchers because i kept gaining weight.
:sad:

Replies

• spangey13
    Options
    In for inspiration. Feeling the same.
  • Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Can you maybe make your diary visible and tell us what your goals are? We can figure this out!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are logging everything accurately, including food in and calories burned through exercise. Are you doing this?
  • gogeter82
    gogeter82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    my diary is visable now
    i want to lose 80 lbs
    i just walk 30mins 3 times a week
    my doc told me to do this
    an on low cholesterol diet
    but i dont have bad cholesterol, diabetes,or high bp
  • gogeter82
    Options
    yes most of the time im under recommended caloric in take
  • gogeter82
    Options
    glad im not alone:smile:
  • 65rsyb
    65rsyb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    omg, this is so me! I work my *kitten* off to lose a few lbs - takes weeks, then goes back on in two days! I'm almost 50 though - and let me tell you that things only get worse.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I hate to tell you this, but it's not because you turned 30 that you've gained 10 pounds. :bigsmile:

Seriously, I looked through your diary and if you were truly eating just what you have logged you would be losing weight. It looks incomplete in some places too.

My questions-do you weigh all solid foods and measure all all liquid foods? Do you log in every single thing you put into your mouth, even if it's just a bite of something?

In order to gain weight you have to eat above your total daily energy expenditure, which would definitely mean you are eating more than you think you are.

It looks like your calorie allowance is just above 1,300. Make sure you stay within those calories, unless you exercise, in which case you should eat back those exercise calories to properly fuel your body.

Log all your food and exercise in and don't leave anything at all out. Good luck.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    As you age, your metabolism gets more efficient, it can do the same work with less fuel. That means to maintain your weight over the course of a lifetime, you have to decrease your daily calorie limit every few years. I might have been able to maintain my weight at 1800 calories a day in my twenties, but in my forties, that's weight-gaining territory. Isn't that just great? As if getting older didn't have enough suck attached to it already. :grumble:
  • gogeter82
    Options
    youre so right i caught myself nervously eating a pack of raisins
    that took me over my caloric intake.
    :embarassed:
  • gogeter82
    Options
    i used to eat 2000 cal a day no prob
    now i realize i can't anymore
    i eat more now because i get sad
    my mom passed from cancer in 2007
    sometimes it still hits home and I tend to overeat lately
    but its weird cause right after she died i lost 30 lbs and didn't eat anything at all
  • gogeter82
    Options
    right with ya pal
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Yes make sure you log everything! I found out by not weighing and measuring everything I was eating 200-300 more cals a day then im supposed to. That's why i was maintaining more than anything. Now I way and measure everything, and its slowly coming off!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    i used to eat 2000 cal a day no prob
    now i realize i can't anymore
    i eat more now because i get sad
    my mom passed from cancer in 2007
    sometimes it still hits home and I tend to overeat lately
    but its weird cause right after she died i lost 30 lbs and didn't eat anything at all

I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom. I was 23 when my mom passed away, and I remember how tough it was.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Instead of throwing in the towel, get mad & proactive to eat less or burn more calories. I weigh myself daily, just to make sure that what I'm doing is making a difference. I do have cheat meals or days, but I know that with water (more than 1/2 my body weight in oz), that the fat cells cry, shrivel up, & die! Are you drinking enough water? Are you eating enough veggies (bunny food)? It's important to have rest days, but maybe you just need to sweat more? All this can be done, as long as you seriously log everything. :)

Add me if you'd like. :)