Turkey Lettuce Wrap - w/Pic

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
This is a really refreshing and light lunch or dinner. I had a pretty decent lunch yesterday (PF Changs), so I wanted a very light dinner to balance it out. This is what I ended up making...

4 hearts of romaine lettuce leafs
1 wedge lite laughing cow cheese
4 slices turkey deli meat (or really any kind of deli meat)
sliced onions
sliced tomatoes
sliced cucumbers

Lay two of the lettuce leafs down and spread half a wedge of cheese on each leaf, top of turkey, onions, tomatoes and cucumbers. Lay the other two leafs on top to make it a "sandwich".

It was yummy, light, refreshing, and low in calories - The entire meal was 109 calories!

Take note that my lunch was pretty heavy so I wasn't super hungry at dinner. It filled me up, but if you are hungry, I'm sure you will need to serve a side with this to make it more filling. It's even just a good snack!

m217548104.jpg

m217548105.jpg

Replies

• renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Looks REALLY yummy!!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    WOW that looks good!!!!!
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. And what a pretty sandwich! :drinker:
  • ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This looks great! But, it would be more of a snack option for me :)
  • SLMiddleton
    Options
    My husband was getting tired of the same old salads in his lunch everyday so I started making lettuce wrap sandwiches and they were a big hit...can use lots of different fillings to make them interesting. One of his coworkers even asked him to bring one in for him to try, went over very well! ...and yes very low cal...
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    This looks so good! Thanks for posting!

L.