Anyone doing the Prism weightloss?

Options

Replies

• 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone out there is doing the Prism weightloss?? I did it many years ago and it worked great and I felt great. So I am thinking about doing it again. Just looking for support :bigsmile:
    I thought You said "Prison" :laugh: :laugh:
  • connorsludge
    connorsludge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So, is there a Prism group on MFP or can I just friend people who are trying it? I had a lot of success with it about 10 years ago and kept the weight off for about 7 years then started gaining for an unexplained reason.

I'd like to try it again because I'm wondering if wheat is my problem. I have the workbooks and everything, but I really need the support and accountability.
  • ilysejohnson
    ilysejohnson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Prism is the best! I restarted today -- after a 3 year absence. I'm not strictly doing phase 1, but I am back to counting all calories, logging everything, and eliminating all processed foods. I let the bad stuff creep back in, but starting today, I'm back in business! I decided to eliminate all bread, pasta and potatoes through the end of March, and then maybe go back to the whole grain and healthy versions that I did so well with in the past.
    I don't get on the message boards too often here, but if anyone wants to be friends, send me a request.

God Bless!
    Happpymom (Ilyse)
  • rdealyah
    rdealyah Posts: 1
    Options
    There are a couple of us who are going to meet in my town and restart the program this Wednesday. It isn't an official Prism group, but we will follow the program and be accountable.
  • DoriDotS
    DoriDotS Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds with this healthy program 5+ years ago but have gained a few back. Felt great without the sugar and eating all Natural foods! I'm restarting this week. Digging out the manuals tonight to get back on track! Stay tuned! No groups around KC that I"ve found....
  • FluffyDivaFightsBacktheFat
    Options
    I did PRISM over 10 years ago and was successful with it. It was brought back to my remembrance today so I plan to start it again. Found my book and leaders guide. I am still looking for the phases. If i don't find them my Mom will send me hers I am excited!!
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I do the calories in- calories out diet...............

^^^That

I guess if you are doing it for religious reasons (though sounds like you cheat the bible on that from day 1 anyway) or medical reasons (though sounds like it's not something doctors are really recommending at least as far as I know) or as a kickstart (though it sounds like it's actually much harder to start than just counting calories) then maybe it might perhaps kinda make a little sense.

On the other hand, the calories in - calories out diet is simple, proven to work, and allows you to eat practically anything you can think of (though perhaps tires, glass shards, and sewage are to be avoided).

It almost looks like abandoning science based weight loss for religion based weight loss and than abandoning the religious part too from day 1.

I am a deeply spiritual and religious person with a profound respect for all religious and spiritual traditions so I certainly intend no offense to anyone's beliefs, just sharing my views of the Prism "diet" itself (based on what little I do know about it).
  • Veronicap25
    Options
    Can anyone email me the basic guidelines? I did this program over 10 years with great success and would like to start again. I contacted PRISM and there voicemail states that at this time they have stopped production. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • n2healthy
    n2healthy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a friend searching for a PRISM cookie recipe. Do you have one to share?
    Thanks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,584 Member
    Options
    I have a friend searching for a PRISM cookie recipe. Do you have one to share?
    Thanks.
    Just wondering how it's still a "cookie" if there's no flour or sugar in it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting to me... just one question (and I'm sorry if this is a stupid one).. but it's no sugar or flour (so no bread, pasta).

Can you eat rice? What about fruits/veggies with sugar in them.. do they count??

I would love more info - if someone wants to add me and send me the info, perhaps some recipes that would be great!
  • hispraiseinme
    hispraiseinme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Anyone interested in buddying up and doing PRISM?
  • billh50
    Options
    My wife posted the topic below.
  • maryhannold
    maryhannold Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My friend (ohbaby60) and I are considering starting a small group using the 6 week phases of the Prism Weight Loss program as our food guides to start. We are looking at the Danna Demetre DVD series "Scale Down Live It Up" for lessons and inspiration as the Prism program is no longer available. The Danna Demetre program also has a workbook available from Amazon.
  • MandyLBaker
    MandyLBaker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting the Prism program today (again, after many attempts the past few years) and would love to connect with anyone. It's great hearing that others are doing it and have had success! I lost 8 lbs during phase 1 (and that was only doing it for 3 weeks before I fell off the wagon) many years ago, but am ready to do the entire program now and make the changes I need to feel better. I remember the clarity of mind I felt and the endless energy. So ready to feel that way again!
  • toodlerue
    toodlerue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Prism is set up in phases, once you are on a certain phase, you can have whole wheat flour, so some cookies are allowed.
  • hispraiseinme
    Options
    I'm planning on trying PRISM Weight Loss program again. Starting on Monday. (March 24th). Anyone else want to give it a go?
  • geverson2
    geverson2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you still on the prism diet
  • hispraiseinme
    Options
    I really haven't gotten started yet. Looking for a buddy and accountability.
  • JJohnson139201
    JJohnson139201 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still actively doing the Prism Weight Loss Program? Hubby and I started today ... looking for others for additional encouragement and accountability.