Hi my name is Sarah, and I'm going Insane

Options
Hi MFPs!

My name is Sarah and I'm a 32 year old single mother of twins (they're almost 6). I have my own business as a wedding and lifetsyle photographer. I'm also a freelance writer and a FT student. The past year has been CRAZY intense, and whether I liked it or not (I most decidedly did NOT), my spiritual and physical health have suffered. I've really had to prioritize such glamorous things as basic survival and making money and meeting deadlines ahead of anything that would actually nourish me or my family. It's been the pits.

Many single moms have it much worse than me, and really we all know that this is par for the course. No surprises there. But I know it doesn't have to be this extremely imbalanced, and I'm ready to shift my focus and energy back to my wellness. I'm starting with Insanity. In my past life, I was a semi-pro ballerina. I completed a half marathon in 2009. An injury in 2012 means no running for me, and I have struggled to find another exercise to place it. I LOVE zumba, but don't get out to the classes often with my parenting duties, and it's not the same to dance alone in my basement. Sooooo, me + Sean T... It's gonna be a thing!

Anyone who would like to become MFP buds, just reach out and say hi! I need a place off of my normal social media to talk about this huge undertaking and share my results, and I am welcoming to friends of all kinds to share in that experience with.

As far as my diet, I am mostly vegan. I eat a plant-based diet, juice, and try to stick to whole foods for the bulk of my diet, but I'm imperfect and that's a work in progress. Did you know Oreos are vegan? I keep trying to forget :) Maybe once/month or just bi-monthly, I'll have something non-vegan, either out of courtesy or necessity. Usually because my clients forgot to order me a meal at a wedding, or an elder has prepared me a non-vegan meal and it would be hurtful to them if I wouldn't eat it; that sort of thing. I also abstain completely from alcohol (499 days!) and so the fitness component is really all that is standing in the way of me and my best physical self.

Well...that and my sweet tooth. Did I mention Oreos are vegan?

xo Sarah

Replies

• latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot more sane than you are giving yourself credit for. Welcome and good luck!!
  • monpetitoiseau
    Options
    Thanks latenitelucy :) I just mean I am starting the Insanity workout today. Also new to MFP and looking for friends who may be doing Insanity as well, or any vegans, or any anyones who want to encourage each other <3
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a feeling you're going to be very successful in your fitness endeavors. Sounds like you have good, realistic intentions with a good sense of humor to boot. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    And I have never said "to boot" before. Where did that come from? Weird.
  • Nicholebj
    Options
    Welcome, I just joined yesterday! I am on here looking for support too! I eat organic foods, whole foods, I try to stay on track but slip off track when life gets crazy. I am trying to figure out ways to stay on track more than not. Thats why I joined MFP... start with small goals, thats the advice I have been given!
  • bamitskam
    Options
    Welcome :)!!!
  • kmcb7
    kmcb7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im hoping to start insanity in next couple of weeks if you want to friend me and keep each other motivated :)
  • Gonzafitness
    Options
    Welcome! You have already passed the first stage (understanding a life style change is necessary). That's the toughest part :)
  • leafer000
    leafer000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to make a change. You sound like you have the right idea. All it really is; is a redirection of energy and intent. Good luck :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    too long to read
  • monpetitoiseau
    Options
    I'm not sure where to boot came from, but I like what you did there. Thanks for the encouragement and yea, let's be friends :)
  • justinluck
    justinluck Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Sarah! Now that logging food is part of my daily routine, I can't imagine ever NOT doing it. I think I would have withdrawals lol. Once you get used to entering your meals, it becomes really quick and you start to appreciate what you are eating. In addition to MFP, I'm also a member of Fitocracy to track my exercises. I find that community a great motivator as well. For fat loss, I have found greatest success following these simple guidelines: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/. Feel free to friend me here and/or on Fitocracy (same username).
  • monpetitoiseau
    Options
    Welcome, I just joined yesterday! I am on here looking for support too! I eat organic foods, whole foods, I try to stay on track but slip off track when life gets crazy. I am trying to figure out ways to stay on track more than not. Thats why I joined MFP... start with small goals, thats the advice I have been given!

Happy to be connected and keep each other encouraged! Also it helps to have a few buddies who are starting at the same time, I think.
  • monpetitoiseau
    Options
    Im hoping to start insanity in next couple of weeks if you want to friend me and keep each other motivated :)

will do!
  • fields4fitness
    fields4fitness Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 days into insanity and looking for people to help with motivation I'm trying to gain some friends/cheerleaders to help me stay motivated. It sounds like you're on the right track!
  • gregtreece
    Options
    Here's to wishing you the best of success with your insanity!? You can do it! Go insane!
  • monpetitoiseau
    Options
    I'm 10 days into insanity and looking for people to help with motivation I'm trying to gain some friends/cheerleaders to help me stay motivated. It sounds like you're on the right track!

I'm here for you, and after my Fit Test today, pretty inspired by anyone even 2 days in :) let alone 10!! Keep goin! xo
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hah - just wanted to say your story about Oreos makes me laugh because my best friend is vegan so yes indeed I know Oreos are vegan. I keep them at my house as a treat for her when she visits. Single mom to twins? You're already a hero.
  • FitnessMeagan1105
    FitnessMeagan1105 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had almost completed 2 weeks of the Insanity before I hurt my ankle. I love the workouts. I am getting ready to start it over. I am always happy to have new friends/cheerleaders. Always good to have a nice support system. (Besides those who are expected... LOL):happy:
  • monpetitoiseau
    Options
    Hah - just wanted to say your story about Oreos makes me laugh because my best friend is vegan so yes indeed I know Oreos are vegan. I keep them at my house as a treat for her when she visits. Single mom to twins? You're already a hero.

it's dangerous information and I wish I could un-know it!!!! and thank you for your kind words :)