Breakfast for dinner

Options
2»

Replies

• Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just did this last night. the Mrs cooked and made scrambled eggs and she tossed in a little light ranch dressing to jazz it up a bit. Eggs bacon and toast quick, easy, not a lot of calroies and a nice amount of protein.

If I do the cooking I go with a fried egg sandwich. Eggs Sunny Side or over easy, toasted bread, a slice or two of chesse and based on what we have I'll had on a little bacon, ham, turkey, salami or my most recent option turkey pepperoni.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    WAT? THIS IS CRAZY TALK. Eggs and pancakes are for breakfast only.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Omlettes or pancakes or waffles.. Love doing B4D
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Options
    Huevos Rancheros. High protein and fiber. I normally bake my tortillas sprayed with nonstick spray. :wink:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

the hell you say? :noway:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    egg scramble with sausage, sweet potatoes, onions, green peppers and cheese in it
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Om nom nom nom nom.

What about a breakfast pizza? Might be a bit higher-carb than I'd like, but cheesy eggs and salsa on a pizza crust sounds kinda amazing.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    French toast and bacon.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    French toast. This is my go-to for a quick and relatively low cal dinner. Two slices of Ozark Hearth 100% wheat, two eggs, cinnamon & a splash of milk, Cary's sugar free syrup, and thinly sliced strawberries. To die for. And I never ever say things like "to die for" :-D

Others...

lemon-ricotta pancakes with a touch of powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice

bean sprout & onion omelette with Sriracha

omelettes of any type. I'm partial to baby spinach, mushrooms & onions in mine. With or without cheese.

crepes with bananas and Nutkao (or Nutella)

crepes with FF cream cheese or Neutfchatel & milk & sugar or Stevia (blended as filling) and fresh berries on top...or peaches

Yum. Good thing I'm headed to IHOP for lunch for 2 pumpkin pancakes topped with Cary's SF syrup ;-)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

boo-this-man.gif
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Hard corn taco shells that have been toasted, and stuffed with scrambled eggs, cheese, onion, canned beans (warmed), and salsa. I also add sour cream. Sometimes, I'll throw cooked potatoes in there too. :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast for dinner! My bf hates it so I have it whenever he works late :)

I usually make 2 eggs cooked over easy in butter, 2 pieces of wheat toast or an english muffin with jam, and 2 slices of microwavable bacon but I just heat it in the pan next to the eggs. It comes out around 500 cals and SO satisfying. I'll have this on Sat and Sun mornings too.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options

boo-this-man.gif

DON'T BE MESSIN WITH MY PANNYCAKES !!! :angry:

PenguinSlap-1.gif
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast for dinner all of the time!

Some of my favorites are:
    Pumpkin or banana french toast with a homemade simple pb2 topping
    Two pieces of whole wheat toast, an egg, a slice of ultra thin provolone, and two pieces of turkey bacon
    Van's wholegrain waffles, turkey bacon, and the same banana or pumpkin pb topping
    Spinach and feta omelettes made with either real eggs or Eggbeaters
    Homemade chocolate chip peanut butter pancakes (with PB2 and a small serving of mini chocolate chips)
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Fruit loops, no milk... :P

I'm a picky eater.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My fave breakfast to make anytime is Mexican Eggs in Purgatory.
    Heaven in my mouth. I'll even make extra and bring it for lunch!
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    banana pancakes: a whole banana (riper the better!) 1 egg, 1/2 cup of oats blended in a blender (you can add whey if ya want)
    spray a pan with some cooking spray and cook like a regular pancake! top with berries, whip cream or whatever you'd like. (sugar free syrup is what I use normally though)

also, omelettes are wonderful. You can add so much different things to them. My favorite lately is what I call a taco omelette. I add black beans, salad, sour cream and lettuce. incredible/protein packed!