Do you rely on...

Options
The button at the bottom of your food diary that tells you how much you'd weigh if every day were like today? I don't. But I do wanna know if anyone else does and do you find it to be useful?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Never even been slightly close for me, but then I've never eaten the same thing every day for 5 weeks...
  • hannahwilllose14
    hannahwilllose14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same here, every day it tells me something different so I don't pay much mind to it.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i do to some extent - seeing lower and lower numbers there keeps me focused in a lot of ways. But if in 5 weeks I don't weigh that number I don't cry about it.
  • hannahwilllose14
    Options
    I agree with being more motivated seeing the number but it's never been accurate
  • hannahwilllose14
    Options
    Bump
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I stopped pushing it.
  • hannahwilllose14
    Options
    I'm tempted to stop pushing it.
  • hannahwilllose14
    Options
    Bump
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    for the calculator to work, you would need to eat EXACTLY the same every day for 5 weeks

since we don't eat the same, its only a est.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    nope!
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    for the calculator to work, you would need to eat EXACTLY the same every day for 5 weeks

I've toyed around with the idea of doing just that, to see how accurate it is.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't put much stock in it at all. Sometimes, when I have a really really "bad" day (splurges or going slightly over on calories and fat, sodium, etc) I will have a good laugh because I don't actually believe that if I ate that custard, pizza, and/or Indian buffet every single day I'd still lose a bit of weight in 5 weeks.

However, I like it because it reminds me that eventually I will see the number that it has at the bottom. I'm getting close to onederland currently and I'm excited for it to start saying "you would weigh 198 in 5 weeks" or something like that. For me that is a novelty because I'm 37 and have not seen a number below 200 on the scale since I was 14.
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    Options
    I would prefer if it told me what the last 7 days were doing to my weight!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I think its a fun game, but don't take it seriously.
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't put any stock into it because as everyone said unless you eat the exact same way everyday it won't be accurate. That said I do push the button because I LOVE LOVE LOVE those days where the middle number changes or it shows me a number that I didn't even think possible. Of course I don't write that number down so in 5 weeks if I'm not there I certainly don't stress over it but that momentary joy of seeing a low number still excites me :D

I'm sure once I get to maintenance I will still use it because if I am seeing a higher number after pushing it I know I am doing things wrong and need to get back on track.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I stopped even hitting that button. I served no purpose for me. It doubted it's accuracy, but I also don't eat exactly the same every day so I had no way to verify.
  • hannahwilllose14
    Options

I've toyed around with the idea of doing just that, to see how accurate it is.

I agree, I've thought of doing that too lol, just to see if it would work.
    However, I like it because it reminds me that eventually I will see the number that it has at the bottom. I'm getting close to onederland currently and I'm excited for it to start saying "you would weigh 198 in 5 weeks" or something like that. For me that is a novelty because I'm 37 and have not seen a number below 200 on the scale since I was 14.

Same here, it's motivational to me to see the 150's and then the 140's, it's like a feeling "You're getting closer, keep going!" Congrats on being so close to onederland by the way :)
    I would prefer if it told me what the last 7 days were doing to my weight!

Definitely agree, it'd be a lot easier to keep up with d:
    I think its a fun game, but don't take it seriously.

I agree, I mean, like others have said who eats the same thing every single day?
    I'm sure once I get to maintenance I will still use it because if I am seeing a higher number after pushing it I know I am doing things wrong and need to get back on track.

I agree, that seems like a good purpose for it, so you can catch any mistakes early.
    I stopped even hitting that button. I served no purpose for me. It doubted it's accuracy, but I also don't eat exactly the same every day so I had no way to verify.

I don't trust it's accuracy one bit, if you were to press it before you're done logging for the day it will tell you one thing and everytime you add food to your diary the number goes up in pounds.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't trust it's accuracy one bit, if you were to press it before you're done logging for the day it will tell you one thing and everytime you add food to your diary the number goes up in pounds.

Well, it should go up if you eat more, since it's based on eating that same thing every day. If I eat 1445 calories every day for 5 weeks, I expect I would weigh less than if I added a 300 calorie sandwich and ate 1745 every day for 5 weeks.

If it didn't go up when you add calories it would most definitely not be correct.
  • hannahwilllose14
    Options

Well, it should go up if you eat more, since it's based on eating that same thing every day. If I eat 1445 calories every day for 5 weeks, I expect I would weigh less than if I added a 300 calorie sandwich and ate 1745 every day for 5 weeks.

If it didn't go up when you add calories it would most definitely not be correct.

Ohh, I totally see what you mean. I didn't think of it in that context.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!