Replies

• rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    weigh it, grams are easiest IMO.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I weight it on kitchen scale. I lay the bread on the scale hit the "zero"button toss the scale only shows the peanut butter weight.. Then add the PB to the bread.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I weigh it, in grams.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK. You have just changed my relationship with peanut butter. I never thought about putting the dang jar on the scale. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I lay my bread (or bowl, or whatever) on the scale, zero out button, add the PB.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Instead of a spoon I use a butter knife. That way you get more peanut butter in the desired product (sammich, smoothie, protein shake, ice cream, etc.) and can still lick the knife clean and your finger.

Oh, and a food scale but I was not doing that simple tare it to zero method, I was doing subtraction :grumble:

Edited for completeness
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    I use a measuring spoon and use my finger to take out the rest :tongue:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Put peanut butter jar on scale, zero it, scoop out peanut butter, read weight.
    I use a tablespoon, and a small spatula to clear as much out/off of my spoon as possible. When that is done, I insert measuring spoon into my mouth and proceed to make out with it until it's clean enough to wipe on my jeans and put it back in the drawer.

tumblr_lqcektZWEc1qzi64q.gif
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    the nutrition content is based on a tablespoon so i use that --- weighing it seems like extra work for no real reason
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    the nutrition content is based on a tablespoon so i use that --- weighing it seems like extra work for no real reason
    Use measuring cups/tablespoons for food, and then weigh it. You'll find out why weighing it matters.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Eyeballing peanut butter is a NO NO. Peanut butter is deceiving!

I personally use a digital kitchen scale for that matter.
    Place jar on scale, turn on scale so it reads a zero, spoon out some peanut butter, the scale then reads grams in minus, which is how much I spooned out.

You have to be smarter than peanut butter.

^^^ This! I have to weigh it out on a food scale
  • mfoster1019
    mfoster1019 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I lay my bread (or bowl, or whatever) on the scale, zero out button, add the PB.

^ This.

I weigh my PB in grams instead of a measuring spoon.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Eyeballing peanut butter is a NO NO. Peanut butter is deceiving!

I personally use a digital kitchen scale for that matter.
    Place jar on scale, turn on scale so it reads a zero, spoon out some peanut butter, the scale then reads grams in minus, which is how much I spooned out.

You have to be smarter than peanut butter.

I do this, or i place the spoon on the scale, zero the scale, scoop peanut butter with spoon, and then place on scale.

I do this too
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Like others mentioned, I usually place bread or cracker on the scale, zero out, then use a butter knife to apply the PB until I get to 32g. I would do the jar one if I was eating it straight or putting it in something. You can be off by a LOT of cals with PB by just measuring.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    there's peanut butter left on the spoon afterwards???? How does that happen?? I've never seen this phenomena...

That's what tongues are for....
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    i level it
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    i put mine in a tablespoon measure spoon and use a knife to level it out and then scrape it out and spread it on whatever. I then lick the spoon and the knife to make sure I get my whole tablespoon. i never thought to weight the jar before and after. I probably won't because I feel there won't be the same balance and that would throw it off, but everyone has their own way. :drinker:
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the other posters but what I do is take a spoon, put it on the scale to calibrate it. Once the scale is at 0, I put peanut butter on the spoon and put it back onto the scale in small increments until I get to the grams I want. Likewise, I use a piece of bread in the place of the spoon. It doesn't matter either way though because no matter how meticulous I am about weighing peanut butter I end up eating the whole jar and hating myself later.
  • I have measured the circumference of my waist, chest and hips....i grab a handful and smear it all over myself and then consume said peanut butter.

i then log it based on thickness and those circumferential measurements.

it works.

try it.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I do this, or i place the spoon on the scale, zero the scale, scoop peanut butter with spoon, and then place on scale.

This. Plus then you get to lick the spoon completely without guilt, because that delicious peanut butter is already measured and included in your diary so if you don't eat it your diary will be off!