Peanut Butter - How to measure it?

Options

Replies

• doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Put peanut butter jar on scale, zero it, scoop out peanut butter, read weight.
    I use a tablespoon, and a small spatula to clear as much out/off of my spoon as possible. When that is done, I insert measuring spoon into my mouth and proceed to make out with it until it's clean enough to wipe on my jeans and put it back in the drawer.

tumblr_lqcektZWEc1qzi64q.gif

that's just nasty.... and yet I sit here laughing my *kitten* off... literally I hope.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    there's peanut butter left on the spoon afterwards???? How does that happen?? I've never seen this phenomena...

That's what tongues are for....
    QFT. And maybe a finger or two first
  • HappyVeganKitty
    HappyVeganKitty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There are these awesome messuring tools you can get that work like a syringe and help you press it all out and messure it exactly. I just refridate my all natural stuff so it turns hard/dry and it's easy to messure with normal messuring tools and it doesn't stick.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize this was a real question :huh: ...........but dang, if you guys didn't come up with answers :drinker:

:laugh:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You guys ROCK. You have just changed my relationship with peanut butter. I never thought about putting the dang jar on the scale. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I put my *bread* on the scale, add PB, and weigh it again.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I just measure with a tablespoon measuring spoon and level the peanut butter with a knife and then use the knife to get all of the peanut butter off from the spoon.
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Goodness, does everyone own a scale? I don't! I have some ****ty non electric scale that is very difficult to get good measurements on. UGH I need a scale. Christmas present? haha
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first. Then eat the peanut butter. Then weigh myself again. The difference is what the peanut butter must've weighed. Right? Amirite?

Yup - this one for me too!!!

YAAAAAY PEANUT BUTTER!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I always weigh it. If I am having it on toast, I put the toast on the scale and zero it out, then spread the peanut butter to get my serving size in grams.

This. I usually just put however much peanut butter I want, and then calculate how many servings that is, be it .55 or .75 or 1.18 ;)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    the nutrition content is based on a tablespoon so i use that --- weighing it seems like extra work for no real reason
    Use measuring cups/tablespoons for food, and then weigh it. You'll find out why weighing it matters.
    ^ This
    Measuring solid foods is a bad idea if you want to be accurate, even more so for calorie dense food.
    Solids should be weighed, and liquids measured.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    How do you measure peanut butter? I read that if you eyeball it, you will underestimate it. However if you put it in a measuring spoon, it seems that a lot will stay in the spoon. How do you level the spoon?

I figure that someone has figured this out.

You weigh it....just like you should measure all of your food.
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole jar in one sitting... It ensures I know exactly how much I ate.... lol obviously just kidding.. I am a peanut butter addict! Like everyone has already said..... weigh it..
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first. Then eat the peanut butter. Then weigh myself again. The difference is what the peanut butter must've weighed. Right? Amirite?

Such simple concept! Why didn't I think of that!?

:drinker:
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Eyeballing peanut butter is a NO NO. Peanut butter is deceiving!

I personally use a digital kitchen scale for that matter.
    Place jar on scale, turn on scale so it reads a zero, spoon out some peanut butter, the scale then reads grams in minus, which is how much I spooned out.

You have to be smarter than peanut butter.
    This, that way when u lick the sppon, it still counts
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    heh
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options

What if u put the peanut butter on toast
    .how much is peanut butter how much is bread?
    Or pb jelly samich?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Put peanut butter jar on scale, zero it, scoop out peanut butter, read weight.
    I use a tablespoon, and a small spatula to clear as much out/off of my spoon as possible. When that is done, I insert measuring spoon into my mouth and proceed to make out with it until it's clean enough to wipe on my jeans and put it back in the drawer.

tumblr_lqcektZWEc1qzi64q.gif

me too. me too. except it's an elephant on my chest. and I'm now about to DNA test all the spoons in our house.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

What if u put the peanut butter on toast
    .how much is peanut butter how much is bread?
    Or pb jelly samich?

silly, then i weight the bread and jelly and subtract those weights from mine. lol. you guise. it's already been said but, YOU HAVE TO BE SMARTER THAN YOUR PEANUT BUTTER!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I always weigh it. If I am having it on toast, I put the toast on the scale and zero it out, then spread the peanut butter to get my serving size in grams.

That's exactly what I do too when I put it on toast
  • EyeHeartNiki
    Options
    I FULLY agree with having to be smarter than the PB!