New Here - another try

Options
Back in 2008 I did Slim4Life (now Slimgenics). Slowly I just gained nearly all the weight back :( My friend gave me this site and said I should try it out.

I had shoulder surgery this summer which caused me to have to rest which began to equal be lazy. I stopped working out or getting any exercise at all :( Time to change that!

I know to some my goal looks small, but to me - it is HUGE!

Replies

• Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    High SnowBunny,

I love to exercise and workout but I have never been crazy about dieting. Here is some helpful info.
    70 - 80% of your fat loss program is diet.

Exercise is fun i.e. walking, playing, riding, jogging, chasing clowns down the street. Lots of easy going stuff that elevates your heart rate.
    Working out is conditioning your body for something specific like competitions.

Get ready. This is the hardest part. Showing up!

I can help with the exercise. I only ask for tasty recipes in return...
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Welcome... I hope that you lose all the weight your heart desires.
  • tinagreen79
    Options
    hello all i'm Tina and i'm here to lose weight hopefully i do this without quitting send me a friends request so i dont take this journey alone
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Hi Tina and Snowbunny!

The great thing about this site is that there are all kinds of people here with all kinds of goals. Some people are trying to lose 200 or more pounds while some are trying to lose 10, others are here to maintain their current weight or improve their fitness and yet others are here to try and gain weight!

You'll find lots of support and motivation. I found becoming involved in the online community really gave me the extra motivation to succeed.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • mkinealy
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here!
  • adaleska
    Options
    Welcome! This has a free app for your phone to so you can log everything on the go! This way you don't miss anything.
  • Snowbunny95
    Snowbunny95 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I checked it out to make sure it had the app before I even signed up!
  • janamuma
    Options
    Hey I think small goals you can reach quickly and then revise are great! I understand where you are at, it is amazing how fast we can get into our lazy modes. Just get eating right...log log log everything. The good, the bad, and the bad that is really good! LOL. Keep emails, and support and friends. It really does help. Share your diary with your friends here....something abou that accountibility that seems to help me. At first it creeped me out :noway: but then I realized that if I even "think" someone is watching, it helps.

Best of luck to you...hang in there....one day at a time!!!!
  • Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    welcome!! it's a great site!
  • snowball65
    Options
    This is grate!
  • snowball65
    Options
    Hi ! This is grate url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]2650117.png[/url] Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    6 minutes ago · Comment
    Write a comment... Remove