Thanksgiving "splurge"

Options
I am pre-planning my thanksgiving meal as I do not want to over eat and want to make sure I have all of what I want but nothing in excess. Gotta have a taste of some things that only make it ti the table on thanksgiving day, :) Also planning to hit the gym before lunch so I don't feel so bad about tasting the delicious choices set before me.

Also will be hitting the gym Friday morning instead of the mall!

What are you doing to see that your one day of indulgences doesn't turn into 2...3...4...5..days of indulging??

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    carry on like usual?

I preportion all my left overs via scale and tupperwears- you know... like I do for every other meal I cook.

Do what you always do with the left overs and go back to living your life.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I'm going to actually indulge the day of and a day or two afterwards eating leftovers. I eat a fairly strict diet though out the year so have no problem just relaxing and enjoying the holidays without any sort of strategy or battle plan. When the food is gone it's back to normal.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Small portions... tasting portions.. it is my usual MO. Thanksgiving or not, I like to taste most things and can be completely happy with that.

All things in moderation!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    1-go to the in-laws. The leftovers stay with them. 2-don't waste time on things I don't like (which can be hard because my MIL is a fantastic cook). 3-drink lots of water on the day of.... 4-pre-portion out leftovers if you have any so you don't just slap yourself a plate of 3 cups of mashed potatoes and call it good.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Gonna go home to Texas and not leave the table until my family has to roll me to the couch.

I'm stoked.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and gain all my weight back in one day.

True story.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm having Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house this year, and I'm not taking home leftovers to keep me from holiday eating all week. But as far as the actual day goes, IDGAF. I'm eating a plate of stuffing and three pieces of pie. Worst case scenario, I'll be back down to my previous weight the next week.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It's one day. It's not going to effect your progress for the whole year.

Now, who wants to take bets on how many Thanksgiving eating threads we will see over the course of the next week? I've already seen this same thread posted 5 times a day for that last few days...
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    carry on like usual?

I preportion all my left overs via scale and tupperwears- you know... like I do for every other meal I cook.

Do what you always do with the left overs and go back to living your life.

Love this idea!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Same as usual here too. Just keep eating smaller portions of more unhealthy foods for a bit if I have to. But turkey, green beans and mashed potatoes, well, it could be worse. Now about that pie...
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think you've got the right idea. My goal is just to take small portions of what I really want and to stop before I'm in pain! We try to make just one dessert, and we divide-up and send home leftovers with everyone who comes to our house so I don't eat our thanksgiving feast 3 times in a row. My spinning class is meeting at 5:30am thanksgiving morning (yay!), and I will be back at the gym, doing my normal routine, Friday morning. We are trying to emphasize being grateful for Thanksgiving as opposed to "the feast."
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    just like everyone else stated...it's only one day people...just like today..just like yesterday...carry on!!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

True story.

This.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating my fair share enjoying my friends and family and getting up the day after and resuming my normal routine... One day is not going to make or break anything.... Best of Luck
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm not worrying about it too much. We eat a pretty traditional Thanksgiving meal, and instead of my usual 3 servings of each thing, I'll have just one. I can't eat like I used to, so I think I'll be full enough to stop before I go crazy.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    1-go to the in-laws. The leftovers stay with them. 2-don't waste time on things I don't like (which can be hard because my MIL is a fantastic cook). 3-drink lots of water on the day of.... 4-pre-portion out leftovers if you have any so you don't just slap yourself a plate of 3 cups of mashed potatoes and call it good.

This sounds similar to my "plan". Especially #2, I am not going to eat anything to be polite. I hate stuff like green bean casserole so it's not going on my plate. I will save myself for pie ;-)

Portion control is key IMO.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My plan: eat one meal that day, pile turkey on my plate to get all my protein, pile yummy veggies next to turkey, eat, struggle to find much more room for "bad" stuff.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

True story.

:laugh: