Eat Squeaky Clean = Insomnia

Options
I am on Day 11 of a super clean diet, and almost everything is going perfectly. My bloating is gone, my mood has improved, and I am less fatigued. The only problem is, I can't sleep (I stop drinking caffeine at 8am)! I have a ton of energy...

Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    No. I eat dirty and sleep like a baby.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. If I eat like crap for the day, I am up and restless all night. I sleep better when I eat cleaner.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 11 of a super clean diet, and almost everything is going perfectly. My bloating is gone, my mood has improved, and I am less fatigued. The only problem is, I can't sleep (I stop drinking caffeine at 8am)! I have a ton of energy...

What chemicals are you using to clean your food? It might have a side effect of sleeplessness.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I need a nap after eating anything.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    according to the eat clean diet, coffee is not a clean food, or is that paleo, or what diet says I can't have cofee, damn it now I need another cup of coffee
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    could be from all the squeaking...
    Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options

What chemicals are you using to clean your food? It might have a side effect of sleeplessness.

:laugh:
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Are your carbs low enough to go into ketosis with this new diet? What you're describing sounds like it... I feel almost high and buzzing with energy when I am.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    could be from all the squeaking...
    Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif

My not-so-squeaky clean Coke Zero is now all over my monitor. :heart:
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Are your carbs low enough to go into ketosis with this new diet? What you're describing sounds like it... I feel almost high and buzzing with energy when I am.

You may be onto something... I do feel much more energy when I'm low carb. Hmm... thanks for the insight!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Eat more carbs.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    when I can't sleep I use a special substance that's grown from the ground but I can't really explain it in detail without getting a strike. I'm pretty sure it's "clean" until I smoke it... after that I can't pronounce its name properly
  • nytrifisoul
    Options
    when I can't sleep I use a special substance that's grown from the ground but I can't really explain it in detail without getting a strike. I'm pretty sure it's "clean" until I smoke it... after that I can't pronounce its name properly

Why would ou get a strike? Its legal in some states.
  • weinbagel
    Options

I'm close to Washington, where it's legal haha
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I do occasionally. I can fall asleep pretty easily. It' the stay asleep that gets me. I toss and turn most nights. I am attempting to work on it. I just started staying up later and exercising later at night to see if that helps.. so far same results.

I don't want to be in ketosis.. that sounds like no fun is had at dinner.
  • nytrifisoul
    Options

I'm close to Washington, where it's legal haha

key word "close to" ....not that it matters, do whatcha gotta do.
  • weinbagel
    Options
    I do occasionally. I can fall asleep pretty easily. It' the stay asleep that gets me. I toss and turn most nights. I am attempting to work on it. I just started staying up later and exercising later at night to see if that helps.. so far same results.

I don't want to be in ketosis.. that sounds like no fun is had at dinner.

Yes! This is what happens to me, too. I can fall asleep just fine, but then I wake up every few hours. I just bought a sleep mask so maybe that will help:)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    according to the eat clean diet, coffee is not a clean food, or is that paleo, or what diet says I can't have cofee, damn it now I need another cup of coffee

Neither clean eaters nor Paleo forbids the use of coffee.................it is highly recommended that if you consume coffee that it is organic and free trade certified.