transformation goodbye anorexia hello health <3

Options
taryn_09
taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
everyone has a history, and lets just say it is not always pretty. my picture shows the journey i have dealt years with.
the top is a young junior high girl, she ate whenever never cared and well was chubby. which lead to the girl in the bikini, curves, insecure, didnt know what the gym was and struggled with self image. THAT right there led to the downhill battle of anorexia. I was the girl at the bottom who craved a thigh gap. couldnt live without the gym 7 DAYS A WEEK no matter what killing myself on CARDIO only for 1.5 hours a day. became a skeleton and lost someone i loved. it hurt, 88 pounds yet i still felt fat? i was never happy, and food was not a friend.

NOW- i am that girl on the right. confident. happy. lifting weights and loving it. eating yes eating, 1800 calories a day, treating my body right. going to the gym because I WANT TO not because i feel HOSTAGE to do so. do i do cardio? honestly not really. i lift and have fallen in love with weights.

The scale and numbers and all this calorie counting shouldnt consume us like it does.
am i ashamed by no means at all. i want to inspire people, thats why i became a trainer. my journey might not be overweight but its just as bad well in fact worse.
whats your transformation?

[img][/img]IMG_1263_zpsddb95dbd.jpg

Replies

• taryn_09
    Options
    fd935a03-70e9-4d73-b511-36381eb09cea_zps0104dfad.jpg
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wowee taryn congratulation you look amazing
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! Congrats!! =))
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! What a beautiful young lady you are. Strong and healthy. I am so glad you have defeated the scourge of anorexia. Congratulations on the achievement of becoming a Personal Trainer, with your life experiences, the bravery you have displayed in over coming all the issues that come with EDNOS you can be an amazing role model for others who continue in this struggle. I wish you all the very best in life, honey and that all your dreams come true.

Karen
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations! Getting through that is no easy feat and you've done amazingly well to turn your life around! You look awesome!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new healthy lifestyle. You look great!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ploppersdf1
    ploppersdf1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure that other girls who are walking in similar shoes will find inspiration in your story. Very inspirational.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You look wonderful! =D
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story; I'm sure there are lots of women who are unhappy with how they look and keep thinking that weighing less will help.
  • bluedown10
    bluedown10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment! Thank you so much for sharing your journey.)
  • New_Annie
    Options
    You look amazing well done :)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I am in love with all of this! You rock, girl!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Thank you for sharing your story! I'm truly happy for you - it looks like you're really taking your health to heart. :heart: :love:

(and looking good doing it, too :wink: )
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Booyah. :flowerforyou:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Great job and congrats. :)
  • taryn_09
    Options
    thanks guys it took a lot of effort , and hard work .
    i am in such a better place now though and it was totally worth it
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful! Congratulations on your mental and physical health! :smile:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    This is amazing and you are amazing and beautiful! Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!