Food that Don't Like You

Options

Replies

• Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it really counts as "food" -sucralose.
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If I eat anything with gluten in it I get incredibly bloated and start getting random pains in my gut. So I avoid it as much as possible.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Ha, I just updated my status to 'It may be possible to eat too much kale....yowza!' before I saw this topic. I'm still gonna eat kale, but maybe a little less....
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Onions and garlic. Which makes eating out pretty difficult. I can eat some, but will probably never try French onion soup:sad:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Anything from taco bell, and hot wings. So delicious going in, not so much coming out.

25jb59k.jpg
  • kennysbabydoll
    kennysbabydoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bananas about 8 yrs ago. I cannot eat them; afterward terrible stomach ache and ....I am also allergic to surgical tape which I have found on the web is connected with my banana allergy.
  • Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it really counts as "food" -sucralose.
    yea, me too. anything with any artificial sweetener in it makes me nauseous and gives me a headache. I guess I'm glad because the sweeter food is, the more sweets I crave and I don't want to crave more sweets. :)
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    All food love me damn IT!
  • kennysbabydoll
    kennysbabydoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bananas about 8 yrs ago. I cannot eat them; afterward terrible stomach ache and ....I am also allergic to surgical tape which I have found on the web is connected with my banana allergy.
  • Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Onions and garlic. Which makes eating out pretty difficult. I can eat some, but will probably never try French onion soup:sad:
    Wow, so sorry for that. I LOVE french onion soup and garlic hummus. Yummmy!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything that chronically causes me issues. Although I did eat a whole bag of the green giant broccoli steamer bags with cheese sauce. It was supposed to have three servings, I ate it all. Hid in my office the rest of the day as my butt invented a new style of music called 'brrrrraaaaaaaappp!!!'
  • changejen2013
    Options
    I have a honey allergy. That's about it.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    plain bananas. i love them and never used to have a problem. Now they hurt my stomach if I eat it plain, which sucks.

Milk and frozen yogurt also bother me a lot but not all dairy.

I'm just mad about the bananas

Weird question, but are your bananas ripe? .... I have issues with bananas if they aren't fully ripe, I.e. covered in brown spots ... The ones in the store, even in the "single/ready to eat" basket are FAR from edible ...
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm getting close to it being easier to list the food I *can* eat because the list is shorter!

I can't eat the following because I'm allergic and they make my tongue itchy and my throat swell shut:
    All shellfish
    avocados
    kiwi

I can't eat these foods because I have intolerances to them:
    gluten: all foods containing gluten give me flu like symptoms, fatigue, migraine with nausea and dizziness. I also get emotional. Fun times!

Night shades: Potatoes (not sweet potatoes though since they're not a night shade), tomatoes, peppers, paprika, tomatillos and eggplant. Potatoes are the WORST for me of everything, even gluten. I feel like someone used me as a punching bag and all I can do is curl up in a ball and whimper softly until it passes a day or two after eating them. I can't eat potato in any form or I end up like that. I used to have really bad tremors and shaky hands but once I quit eating night shades the shakes and my muscle aches went away. I never expected that but I'm happy it did! It's hard to decorate cake with hands that shake so bad you have to hold one steady with the other!

I'm still deciding about corn or grains in general and legumes I can only eat if they're prepared right. If they aren't soaked and cooked long and slow they give me a horrible stomach ache. I think corn doesn't like me but I'm in denial about that. A girl can only give up so much! You'd think with all the stuff I can't eat I'd be skinny. :huh:
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant so no milk or ice cream. NO ICE CREAM!!! :sad: :explode: :sad: It's annoying! But at least I can have froyo. lol Thankfully froyo places are hot right now and we have several here. Hard cheeses or aged cheeses are fine, just nothing 'fresh'; even cream. And boy did I use to love cream in my coffee! Also I have a weird one.... I can't eat iceburg lettuce. My stomach hurts and hurts and I get severe diarrhea. Splenda doesn't sit well with me in large quantities, either. That's all I can think of.
  • nicole_louise7
    Options
    I have been trying to work out what my issue is and after reading all this im thinking maybe it could be salad??? I am eating a salad now and bloating up...but is that normal orrrr? My salad has cos lettuce, red and green capsisum (which I think is your version of bell peppers) tomato, avo. I have no idea how to pinpoint what the issue is....do you try eating things separately and see if you react to it?
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Dairy. Dairy loves to hate me. Which really sucks because I live in the frozen custard state. When I indulge I pays the price.
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to tree nuts, with particularly extreme reactions to cashews and walnuts. I'm just glad I can eat peanuts (they're not true nuts, but rather legumes) because I find ways to incorporate PB2 into everything! I also have a mild mango allergy.

I hate even thinking about roasted red peppers, sweet pickled anything from sweet pickles themselves to relish, and mayo. Ick!
  • Crohns2013
    Crohns2013 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a LONG list.....oats, gluten (celiac, so no breads, cereals etc) meat of any kind, raw veggies, most cooked veggies, fruits with skins, milk, corn, seeds and nuts. I think that's it, but I might be forgetting some. They all cause pain and digestive issues.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have a LONG list.....oats, gluten (celiac, so no breads, cereals etc) meat of any kind, raw veggies, most cooked veggies, fruits with skins, milk, corn, seeds and nuts. I think that's it, but I might be forgetting some. They all cause pain and digestive issues.

I'm so sorry about that! :cry: :flowerforyou: What CAN you eat?