Replies

• thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    invest in a book by hungry girl
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Crapload of broccoli and cauliflower, smothered in a light sauce made of regret.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    a head of iceberg and some water dressing. maybe ONE crouton if youre good.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Do you eat eggs? Broccoli and cottage cheese casserole.

Basically this: http://www.food.com/recipe/broccoli-cheese-casserole-343742

But the recipe I use is out of this cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/Simply-Satisfying-Vegetarian-Recipes-Youll/dp/1615190627/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385082874&sr=8-1&keywords=simply+satisfying

There are a lot of good recipes in that book, most of which are pretty low in calories for a single serving.
  • marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Spinach and mushroom Flatbread pizza

1 Fit and active flatbread (90 cals)
    1c spinach (7cals)
    1c mushrooms (18 cals)
    1/4c Sargentos reduced fat mozzarella cheese (70 cals)
    1/4c hunts tomato sauce (20 cals)
    205 calories
    You can add olive oil, basil or whatever you prefer.
  • xashleemarie
    xashleemarie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i had a delicious salad with Tempeh (fermented soy - or can use tofu) and lite mayo for lunch came just over 200 cal. I grate the carrot so along with the mayo kinda reminds me of pasta salad! ..... also contained stuffed olives, tomato, lettuce, capsicum, mushrrom, french dressing, cucumber & cayenne pepper.

seriously not boring at all, i eat this salad most days , i enjoy making it and eating it!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    loads of veggies lol
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Spinach and mushroom Flatbread pizza

1 Fit and active flatbread (90 cals)
    1c spinach (7cals)
    1c mushrooms (18 cals)
    1/4c Sargentos reduced fat mozzarella cheese (70 cals)
    1/4c hunts tomato sauce (20 cals)
    205 calories
    You can add olive oil, basil or whatever you prefer.

that sounds yummy
  • EmiliaEstevez
    EmiliaEstevez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Rice Paper rolls, Baked mushrooms stuffed with Cottage Cheese and herbs, roast vegetables with vegan gravy, miso soup with udon noodles.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Vegetable curry with a small side rice/quinoa/buckwheat, vegetable + tofu stirfry, roasted vegetables with garlic or spice, brown rice salad with roasted veg/lettuce/rocket/cucumber/tomato mixed in (nice with pumpkin or sweet potato + balsamic dressing)...
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Cut up zucchini with a spiral veggie slicer (or something else that makes spaghetti shapes) and heat in a skillet with garlic, shallots (or onions), sliced mushrooms, red peppers and Roma tomatoes. Add 1/4 cup light pasta sauce (I use Ragu mushroom - 35 cals!) for a dish that's almost like spaghetti and very low cal. Sometimes I'll add slices of Morningstar chicken/turkey burger for the extra protein. The whole thing ends up being <200 cals and so good!

ETA: I also stuff crimini mushroom caps with a spinach/shallot/feta mix and bake for 20 minutes. The calories pretty much just depend on how much feta you add. These are also really good with thin portobello caps - sometimes I add some Ragu to the bottom and then add the filling, turns out almost like little Mediterranean pizzas. :)

Yes! Spiral slicers are great - I use a mandoline everyday! I make 'noodles' from daikon, cucumber and/or zucchini. Love it!

As far as the meals under 250, I just googled it and lots came up for Vegetarian Meals Under 300 cals.
    'Three Fat Chicks' listed a lot that list cals, protein, fat, etc., Anything from lasagna to quiche or tacos.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Marking for later....keep the ideas coming!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough :flowerforyou:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Your net calories range from 750-1100 most days. Increase your daily calories so you can eat an actual meal.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, but ya, it's hard to find a tasty, filling dinner for that amount!

HOWEVER--- you can do tofu, stir fried with veggies (like someone else suggested)

Spaghetti squash with red sauce (POMI chopped tomatoes with some pepper & garlic; this was part of my dinner last night!)

Quiche! There's a stop & shop recipe for asparagus quiche cups, & I think they're something like 62 cals each?
  • dtrivedi2013
    Options
    I am vegetarian and some of the things I eat that may be around 250 calories are

Veggie wrap:

Toasted tortilla with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions with 2 spoon shredded cheese. I add 1 spoon of hot and sweet sauce or Sriracha sauce.

Homemade spicy tofu soup. I use vegetarian broth with tofu and vegetables.

Canned vegetarian soup with croutons.

Morning star vegetarian burger with sara lee whole wheat bread or vegetarian sandwich with low fat dressing.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I make a vegetarian shepherd's pie with meatless crumbles, tomato paste, veggies and spices, and use mashed cauliflower for the topping with a sprinkle of paprika. Pretty filling and about 150 cal per serving so you can have a side with it and still be under 250.

I eat it for dinner sometimes if I find I have eaten almost all my calories already, or I will have it for lunch if I want to have pizza or eat out at dinner.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Also veggie stir-fry with beans or tofu, or homemade curry with just veggies, protein tomato paste and curry paste (higher fat) or spices. My husband adds shirataki noodles to bulk them up as well, but I can't get used to them.

And of course chili. Peppers, onions, tomatoes, meatless crumbles or beans, and spice don't add up to many calories.

Edited for typos.
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump for more ideas
  • ScarlettWindsor
    Options
    Tofu Curry is amazing im afraid I do not have the exact recipe but use tofu, curry paste and passata with added vegetables and then have it on a bed of spinach instead of rice. It is very filling and very delicious. :smile: