need motivation

Options
tultia
tultia Posts: 5 Member
hi everyone. I am new to MFP but it is my millionth attempt at weight loss. I am just 5'1.5" and my weight was always around 120 to 132 but after my daughter i have gained more and now i am around 152 pounds. but i always give up becuase i dont see quick results. anyone one with similar height weight plz feel free to add me i can really use some help. PS i just cant control my urge to eat fast food :/

Replies

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, you need to start thinking positively instead of negatively! Stop saying "I can't" and start saying "I can.... substitute something healthy for fast food... I can .... do something active instead of sitting in front of the TV and snacking all night.... I can learn new habits and break old unhealthy ones.....

It's important to give yourself positive feedback, even if you failed once or twice. You CAN do it, yes you can!

Make a list of all the reasons why you NEED and WANT to lose weight. Put it on a 3x5 card and carry it with you. Put it on a 8 x 11 sheet of paper and tape it to the fridge. Put it in a card holder on a lanyard and hang it from your rearview mirror.

If there are a lot of fast food places on your way home from work, change your route. Gas prices are going down, so go the scenic route. The one with trees instead of McD's.

Walk when you get the cravings. Fresh air and exercise do wonders to fight cravings.

Drink a LOT more water.

Hope that helps!
  • whitneynicole549
    Options
    You can do it ! You totally have this plus everyday you try is a day you beat the ones not changing for the better !
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am starting on this path and have already had my upsets. But I keep trying. One bad day doesn't break the progress.

I quit smoking a few years ago by cutting out one cigarette a day, then two, then four, then allowing only one in the morning and one at night. Then I just stopped. I thought I couldn't do it, but I did by changing the habit. It is a matter of changing habits, one baby step at a time. We can do this! Look at how many people on this site have done so. Good luck in your journey.
  • tultia
    tultia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies lots of positive thoughts. this really helped me i just completed my first week. i have been doing Jillian Micheal ripped in 30. though i had problem containing my calories within the limit but i still managed to lose almost an inch around my waist. woot woot :) this gave me more motivation
  • Running2436
    Options
    Great job, on completing your first week of Jillian!! Take it one step at a time, and stay positive!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!