Hate the weekends

Options
I just go right downhill at the weekends. hate it. I start off so good on a sat morning, even went for a run at 7am, leaving my husband with the 2 kids. By mid aft on a sat, is where the cracks start to show.

I always end up indulging myself at the weekend. Not an entirely bad thing as I dont' go way overboard but not like I would want. The week days are so much better.

The problem with me mostly is that if I have a bad day with the kids/fight with my husband over small things, I turn to food and think I deserve x, y or z. This has always been my problem.

How can I change this cycle??

Replies

• fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hard for me too, but mostly because my husband does a lot of cooking on the weekends and its harder to control exactly what I eat.

In your case it sounds like you are using food to reward yourself and for comfort (recognize that from my own patterns, you are not alone with that.) Can you find another way to reward yourself? Or, if it must be a treat, how about a treat that works with your calorie goals, like a couple of chocolate kisses or a your peppermint pattie perhaps?
  • jerreny
    jerreny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. My problem is exactly the opposite of yours. I am the only one in my house who has weekends and holidays off. My wife just told me she has tue-wed-thur(thanksgiving) off. I have Thur-fri-sat-sun. She works around people and supervises people all day. She likes alone time on days off. I work alone and am off alone till she gets off. Food becomes my companion. I recently changed jobs and it is getting VERY hard on me. WHY? Because in the old job I worked 26-28days a month only taking off the days we had off together. Working kept me occupied and out of the refrigerator. Now I have a lot more time off which is dangerous for me. Ive already gained back 15 of the 120 lbs I lost.

Ive decided I cant take another 4 day weekend, even if I do get paid for it. I will be coping by going down to work all day Saturday at the Food Bank; remodeling the Bathroom, and brush-hogging the back yard. Pathetic but true. Idle time is my enemy.
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Jerreny taking on the extra work (and charity work...nice of you) will keep you away from food, but will it provide the stress relief or down time that you possibly need? Is there a hobby that you enjoy? Gaming, reading, golfing, hiking, going to car shows, etc that would provide some down time/recreational time that does not translate into "work time"? Is there a buddy that could share the same passion for a hobby...that could also provide the companionship that you crave when you're off.