Getting back in gear, need some new friends!

Options
Hello!

I've been on MFP for a couple years, but this last year I took what starting as a break week, then month... then 6 months... and then realized I'd gained back 20 lbs. :( So, time to stop slacking and get back on board! And I would love to have some new friends to join me! If you are active and enjoy commenting and chatting, feel free to add me! Getting involved in the MFP community again will be great! :) I would especially love to meet people who have similar goals to mine (100+ lbs to lose), but am happy to add anyone who is interested.

Replies

• Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    MOAR FRIENDS!
  • Mariabellantoni
    Mariabellantoni Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Maria. feel free to add me, Im completely in the same boat as you are. Im on day 2 of being consistent with working out and eating better but its still a struggle. Lets kick out butts back into gear and get these pounds off! :smile:
  • mdawn1253
    mdawn1253 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • incredible_jess86
    Options
    Welcome back! I actually just started this account today! I had a MFP account back in January (when I started my resolutions). That lasted about a month then I gave up. I fell back into my old habits but back in July, I knew I had to change. I was completely disgusted with myself. It was time to love myself enough to change. I have total of 132 to lose...lost 33 already! I would love for you to add me and we can keep in touch about our weight loss goals, accomplishments as well as keeping each other accountable. Best of luck on your journey!!!

:bigsmile:
  • Flswimmom12
    Options
    Hi! I'm new again to MFP after a break as well.
    I am also looking for friends to keep me motivated and encouraged.
    I don't have quite as much to lose physically, but it sounds like our mindsets are the same :)
    Look for my friend request!!
  • nyiaswill
    nyiaswill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started up again today after a 11 month break that was not needed. I have always tried to do this losing weight thing by myself but it is not working. So I would be more than happy to be one of your friends in this war against FAT! LOL
  • rbrducky
    rbrducky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I am always looking for more friends with similar goals and to keep each other motivated, so anyone else can feel free to add me too! :)
  • Recreateyourself017
    Options
    Welcome Back! :) feel free to add me, for anyone looking for more friends that log daily :)
  • soulsnette
    soulsnette Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have ~90 pounds to lose and I log daily. Feel free to add me
  • metalchic46n2
    metalchic46n2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! yup, I'm in the same boat and at my heaviest ever!! Boo Anywho, I have set 12/1 as my start date, spending November getting into the habit of logging in my food, observing what I am eating and establishing a gym schedule. I am trying to make conscious decisions and observations about my habits and triggers and what I need to do to change them. I am really good at caving in to snacks and skipping the gym, so that is what I need to overcome. But I am tired of being fat and not being able to dress the way I want so, it's time to suck it up and kick some *kitten*!

Looking for friends too and community and support and wanting to give it too. Hit me up :D
  • shortyaep73
    Options
    Hi, my name is Autumn and If you would like you can add me and we can motivate each other on our journey and goals.
  • Friend request sent!

My name is Meg. I have 108lbs to lose. And once I've made it there maybe even more who knows. It would be great just to see the scale go into the onederland. I'm in need of some friends/supporter. Feel free to add me. :)
  • sma77
    sma77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm newish too! Feel free to add me. I'm trying to get more involved in the MFP community :)
  • catbeers
    Options
    Hi, everyone!
    My name is Cathy and I need to re-lose the 50 pounds I lost 2 years ago along with about 35 additional ones. I'm a 48 year old wife and mom who needs to straighten out my health so that my guys have to put up with me for decades to come!

Both the spousal unit and I went Primal/Paleo (no grains, legumes, processed sugars) in June of 2010 and both of us felt, looked and lived better than ever before -- then life kinda kicked us in the teeth last fall. I lost my job of 4.5 years, both our cars needed major fixing, one son was failing school and found to have high-functioning autism, the other turned 18 but is severely developmentally delayed so we got absorbed in the legalities of adult guardianship, etc,etc,etc. Long story short, we fell off the wagon big time!

Since Primal worked so well, I'd like to get back to it. I was a lurker on MFP but just joined for real today. I no longer have a convenient way to accurately weigh myself, so actual progress reports may be widely spaced (that's also why I don't have a stat bar below my posts yet...no scale to get a start weight) but would enjoy giving and receiving encouragement and tips with my fellow "losers".

So go ahead and count me in. I'm not the most social media savvy person in the world...do *I* need to send a friend request or do I just keep posting here and look for yours?

---Slightly Confused but Earnest Cat >^..^<
  • emilymayzes
    Options
    Hi everyone! Feel free to add me, I'm looking to make some new friends too :)