timex personal trainer heart rate monitor t5g971

Options
I just ordered the timex personal trainer heart rate monitor t5g971 and I was wondering if anyone else uses it and if it works well for them???

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I use it but on setup it doesn't ask for height and age so this could throw numbers off. So I always account for some error.
  • williamsdjcb
    Options
    To set your weight and target heart rate do the following:
    1) DO NOT HAVE YOUR CHEST STRAP ON.
    2) press ON/OFF BUTTON on watch. Screen with 3 dashes and heart symbol will appear.
    3) press and hold SET BUTTON until bottom target heart rate appears. You will know it is the lower heart rate because it has an arrow pointing down.
    4) Use the RECV/DATE Button to set the first digit.
    5) press the RECALL Button to toggle to the 2nd digit
    6) Use the RECV/DATE Button to set the 2nd digit, etc.
    7) Continue until you have set your upper and lower heart rate goals for your zone, max heart rate, weight, chime, etc.
  • Acebodytransformation
    Options
    Just got the timex personal trainer yesterday t5g971 still kind of confused on how to set my weight to get an accurate calorie burn help me please
  • Acebodytransformation
    Options
    I used mine for the first time today and I truly love it, at first it seem like I was doing something wrong them bam it started working just great...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I used mine for the first time today and I truly love it, at first it seem like I was doing something wrong them bam it started working just great...

Note that the algorithms are set for men so they over estimate for women.
  • tsj52
    tsj52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I was starting to get quite frustrated not being able to use this watch to add my weight.