can you check me out?

Options
Hi
could you please look at my food diary and see if I am going wrong somewhere? The scales are not moving as expected!! I have logged everything i eat and exercise etc but in 2 weeks have only lost 2lbs!! Grrr thanks x

Replies

• tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. A pound a week sounds about right. I would suggest that whatever you normally eat, cut it in half. Try to stay 500 calories below your BMR.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Actually two pounds is about right. Just stick to what you're doing, and the weight will fall off.
  • suemorgan
    Options
    only eat 700 cals/day????????????????
  • BrittBeef
    Options
    A pound a week is not bad. Maybe you could try if you have the time to eat smaller more frequent meals throughout the day, instead of 3 larger meals. Just a suggestion, but don't be too hard on yourself, at least you have lost, and that's encouraging!
  • twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You might want to track your sodium intake daily in addition to your calories, fat, carbs, and protein. The prepackaged food contains a lot of sodium which could be contributing to you not seeing a loss. I know when I eat out, almost anywhere, the next day I always see a gain of a pound or two, but I don't panic because I know it is from the extra sodium causing me to be bloated and to drink more. With in a day, that pound goes away of course. Hidden salt in our food is a huge problem and I really struggle with not eating more than 2500 mg per day ( as recommended by my trainer at the gym). As soon as I started tracking the salt, as well as my sugar intake, i have consistently lost two pounds steadily every week!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    it takes time so hang in there.

I was surprise to see you only had 5 entries for a total of 1400 cals. If I may suggest, try finding foods you like that are low in cals so you can eat more through out the day. I try to limint mine to 1800 a day even though I went over some yesterday. Look at mine and see the difference.
  • emma_reed123
    Options
    Nooo 700 cals isnt enough, stick at it and you will get there. 1lb a week isnt bad at all, some weeks you may lose more and some you may lose less, its a loss and thats what counts hunni. Try not to fret and just keep doing what your doing...my scales havent moved at all.

Emma
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    1) 1 lb per week is a good, solid and healthy pace for weight loss. Any faster than that and your body has a hard time readjusting (saggy skin, hunger pains etc)

2) You count heavily on carbs and protein- which seem to be good choices- but you might consider adding some veggies and fruits- the carbs and proteins are great for keeping you full but fruits and veggies are what give you energy in the mean time!

3) you have a couple of quick add days where i can't see what you've eaten- but I hope you got more that 700-1000 cals on those days. You need 1200 MINIMUM other wise your body thinks its starving!! And sometimes it's good to go over your "alloted" cals for the day- keep your metabolism guessing.

~Good luck!
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary...you need to incorporate more fruits and veggies ..you should be eating 5 serivngs a day...it will make you fuller too than the empty carbs that your eating now. I buy tons of those frozen steam fresh veggies ...and the rice ones with veggies...they are delicious
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You should also maybe track your sodium or sugar. Knowing those numbers can make a big difference. Also, keep in mind that when you're using the quick add option, it's only tracking calories. It's not taking into consideration any fat, sodium or sugar.
  • charlichickxx
    Options
    hmmm... You only seem to have 2 days on there without quick added cals. One of those you ate the rifght intake, the other is todays so is not over. Could you be underestimating the calories you have eaten when you quick added?

I try to stick 1200 - 1500. Losing 1pound per week is actually seen as the healthiest way to lose weight. 2 pounds per week is the maximu for healthy weight loss. Remember that if you dont eat enough your body can go into starvation mode so slows your metabolism and stores extra fat too!!
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It is tough to tell what if anything is wrong with your diary since most days you logged in quick calories and did not list the foods. One pound per week is wonderful. You could try eating more veggies. Less prepared foods and more home cooked meals. Make sure you are eating at least 1200 and more if you are exercising. Eat you exercise calories, or at least 1/2 of them. My weight loss has been very slow. Painfully slow at times. It has taken me 2 years to lose 55 lbs. You'll get there. Just be patient. It looks to me like you're doing great.
  • suemorgan
    Options
    hey thanks everyone and yes, i do need more fruit and veg. My life is very busy as a carer and rely on quick easy meals but will eat more fruit etc from now on :)
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    eat at least twelve hundred cals a day.. makes sure you are drinking your water.. eat every three hours.. the pounds will fly off.. believe me if your only eatting 700 cals your body is starving and not gonna drop as quick.. i did the same thing for months and saw no results.. i was amazed at how well actually eatting your twelve hundred spreadout and drinking water ( I prefer crystal light) works miracles.. good luck:happy:
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    try the fiber one bars too!!
  • suemorgan
    Options
    Thank you. Yes i dont drink water at all, but will make the effort to do so now :)
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a trip to the farmers market. You need fruit and vegetables and foods with life in them. Lots of them.
    It is a hard switch to make, so if you have to start slow and replace the processed foods with whole foods, raw foods, simple foods. Visit the health food store for ideas. Stay out of the frozen isle of the grocery store, there is no healthy frozen meals. Sometimes if you focus on the nutrition, vitamons, fiber and mineral content in foods the weight comes off as a byproduct of healthy eating and the new found energy. Keep healthy and strong.
  • suemorgan
    Options
    Thank you. I will do. You are all right, i just needed a gentle reminder, cheers everyone