Hi there! :)

Hey everyone!
My name is Rileigh, and I'm 5'8" and currently weigh about 136 lbs. I know its not a bad weight BUT Im currently out of shape and get winded quite easily. My goal is to be 120 by December 8th, my birthday! Thats in 2 weeks... 16 pounds in two weeks shouldn't be too hard, right? Anyways, my ULTIMATE goal is to be a healthier, happier me, and what a great start it would be to reach my first goal! That'll be my present to me.

Its nice to meet all of you!
Cheers! (:

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Bump to help get Rileigh friends
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    I'll add you as a friend, but a) 120 is underweight for you, and very unhealthy, b) 8lbs/week is EXTREMEMLY unrealistic and pretty much IMPOSSIBLE not to mention the HEALTH RISK of doing so and the chance of REGAINING ALL THE WEIGHT AND THEN SOME are extremely high.

Hun, you're fine. If you want to get into better shape, forget about losing more weight, the number means nothing. If you want to run without being winded, start following a program. If you want to become stronger, faster, and better, then you'll very likely end up being heavier in the future than you are now. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you likely don't have much fat now. You'll have a higher number on the scale, but you'll still be slimmer, more toned, and overall sexier looking.

I hope you re-assess what your goals are and try to actually do something good for yourself instead of your currently, horrible plans.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    ...in

47778-wrestler-dis-gon-b-gud-gif-Img-O4EB.gif
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    i am in too !
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Are you kidding me? 16 lbs in 2 weeks is "not hard" LOL I lost 14lbs in 3 months. And if you're already thin/fit it's harder to lose lol my bmi is currently 20 and I am finding the weight harder to lose
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Your weight sounds good. Maybe you just need to tone up. Muscle does weigh more than fat so even if you don't lose weight, you will look more toned if you add muscle.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Are you kidding me? 16 lbs in 2 weeks is "not hard" LOL I lost 14lbs in 3 months. And if you're already thin/fit it's harder to lose lol my bmi is currently 20 and I am finding the weight harder to lose

16lbs in 2 weeks is insane. Yes, you *could* do it, if you're obese and you have a LOt of water weight to lose. When I first started, I lost 17lbs in a week, but I was 240+, my diet was really bad, and I was completely inactive. changed up my diet overnight, started getting out more, and boom, it disappeared.

If you've been at it for a while, the most you should hope for is 2lbs/week. the less you have to lose, the less you will lose each week.
    8lbs/week consistently is going to put you in hospital.
  • I'll add you as a friend, but a) 120 is underweight for you, and very unhealthy, b) 8lbs/week is EXTREMEMLY unrealistic and pretty much IMPOSSIBLE not to mention the HEALTH RISK of doing so and the chance of REGAINING ALL THE WEIGHT AND THEN SOME are extremely high.

Hun, you're fine. If you want to get into better shape, forget about losing more weight, the number means nothing. If you want to run without being winded, start following a program. If you want to become stronger, faster, and better, then you'll very likely end up being heavier in the future than you are now. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you likely don't have much fat now. You'll have a higher number on the scale, but you'll still be slimmer, more toned, and overall sexier looking.

I hope you re-assess what your goals are and try to actually do something good for yourself instead of your currently, horrible plans.

Hi, Tina here,

Love what was said here. You got the right idea. 136 is THE perfect weight for your height and age! Like he said start working on your endurance with cardio drills and strength and more cardio drills and you will no longer be out if shape, and not only will you feel better, your body will transform into a healthy one vs. a skinny one.
    Look up some articles on nutrition, because when you begin training you will have to learn to fuel\feed your body differently. 1200 calories with little or no exercise, probably a great idea for maintenance, but training 3 or 4 days a week, not a good idea.
    You will set yourself up for epic fail if you do not fuel right....good luck and best wishes on your journey!
    Friend if you want.
  • Thank you all for replying!!
    This is my second time trying to lose weight, and the first time I started at 145 and lost 10 lbs in about 2 weeks. BUT can happily say I've kept it all off! All of your advice is much appreciated!! I had not really considered the fact that I don't have much more to lose! I'll reassess my goals (:

Thank you all again!!
  • I'll add you as a friend, but a) 120 is underweight for you, and very unhealthy, b) 8lbs/week is EXTREMEMLY unrealistic and pretty much IMPOSSIBLE not to mention the HEALTH RISK of doing so and the chance of REGAINING ALL THE WEIGHT AND THEN SOME are extremely high.

Thank you for replying!
    I didn't really consider the fact that it would be unhealthy, but you're right! I'll just give it my best shot and we'll see through my results! -But I appreciate your input!! The scale does lie.. I drink 8+ cups of water a day, and I know that a bunch of my weight could just be water weight. That being said... I do feel like a have some fat to lose.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Hi and Welcome! You can add me if you like, I'm on here everyday. :flowerforyou:
  • Remember, of course, that losing fat does not always mean losing weight. There has been a lot of great advise given about your weight and physical condition. I started out at 243 lb. (237 when I started here on MFP). When I reached my original goal, I was very happy. Getting in shape was the next thing. My wife and I joined a fitness club and go at least 3 times a week for an hour or so. If you exercise the weight will come off if there is anymore to lose. If not you will notice it in how your clothes fit. My wife has struggled with the slow weight loss, but I can tell you that she looks so much better every week as she gets into shape.
    Please don't do anything that will cause you to become ill ie. losing 8 lbs. a week. Dedicate yourself to work hard at getting in shape instead and you will be surprised at how good you will look and feel.
    Hang in there and be HEALTHY!! :happy:
  • 16 lbs in 2 weeks? DATS CRAY CRAY GIRL!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    It can be done just be careful...I am always around if you want to add me..
  • Remember, of course, that losing fat does not always mean losing weight. There has been a lot of great advise given about your weight and physical condition. I started out at 243 lb. (237 when I started here on MFP). When I reached my original goal, I was very happy. Getting in shape was the next thing. My wife and I joined a fitness club and go at least 3 times a week for an hour or so. If you exercise the weight will come off if there is anymore to lose. If not you will notice it in how your clothes fit. My wife has struggled with the slow weight loss, but I can tell you that she looks so much better every week as she gets into shape.
    Please don't do anything that will cause you to become ill ie. losing 8 lbs. a week. Dedicate yourself to work hard at getting in shape instead and you will be surprised at how good you will look and feel.
    Hang in there and be HEALTHY!! :happy:

Thank you for responding!!
    I am definitely grateful for all the input everyone has given!! Realistically, I won't lose that much, but it is just a goal and I have a habit of setting mine a bit too high.. :ohwell: Thank you so much!! ^^
  • 16 lbs in 2 weeks? DATS CRAY CRAY GIRL!

I have a habit of setting my goals too high, but its whatever :smile: !! I gotta at least try my best!!!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    whew those goals are up there but sure I'll help :) just yell if you have any questions and I will be glad to help in any way I can :)

Tof
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Reach toward your ultimate goal and you will be far happier. IMO, to lose 16 lbs in two weeks is not a healthy goal. Work on your running if you want, work on your strength if you want. You will stop being winded, become stronger, and lose a few lbs probably. Good luck!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    16 lbs in 2 weeks? DATS CRAY CRAY GIRL!

I have a habit of setting my goals too high, but its whatever :smile: !! I gotta at least try my best!!!

I think you are missing the point. It is unhealthy to do lose that much that quick ESPECIALLY for someone of your size. It's not a "Try your best" type of moment ...
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Rileigh, and I'm 5'8" and currently weigh about 136 lbs. I know its not a bad weight BUT Im currently out of shape and get winded quite easily. My goal is to be 120 by December 8th, my birthday! Thats in 2 weeks... 16 pounds in two weeks shouldn't be too hard, right? Anyways, my ULTIMATE goal is to be a healthier, happier me, and what a great start it would be to reach my first goal! That'll be my present to me.

Its nice to meet all of you!
    Cheers! (:

Can I get your number? :D