TTC with PSOS:(

Options
Hi all I'm a 24 yr old newly wed and we are trying to conceive our first. I have PSOS and the doctors recommend I lose some weight to increase my chances. Currently I'm 240lbs looking to reach 185lbs. I just really want a baby????

Replies

• Victoria_Camp
    Options
    I am starting my path to the very same thing. Also just found out I have PSOS but there are lots of encouraging post on here and I'd love to hear more about how things are going for you! Hope all is well :)
    -Tori Camp, Atlanta
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Pcos? There's a number of women here in your exact situation. Maybe even a group. Many women like you find that going lower carb and choosing "slower" carbs helps. Google pcos diet for info. Good luck!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    ^^^ There is a group. "PCOS & TTC". You can look it up under groups.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I do not have PCOS but I have endometriosis and my husband and I ttc for over 12 years before we got pregnant with our son. Getting healthy and losing weight is definitely a great way to help you conceive! I'm hoping that when I lose more weight we might be able to have a second child. But if not we still have our miracle and at least I will be healthier. :)

I wish you luck in your baby making journey!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ^^^ There is a group. "PCOS & TTC". You can look it up under groups.
    Sounds like the perfect group. I may have a look at it myself. I don't fit the criteria, but am interested in learning from folks.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3070-p-c-o-sis

another great group of people with pcos both ttc and those that arent.
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Losing weight with PCOS is definately doable for sure. I have proof. I know what you're going through, and yes there are tons of women on here with pcos. Just do not let it hinder your thinking and the weight will come off. It may take a little more time that normal but it is possible. I've been dealing with it for the last ten years. I have a lot of problems with my hormones as well, but we are striving for the same outcome in the end.

GOOD LUCK!
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Pcos? There's a number of women here in your exact situation. Maybe even a group. Many women like you find that going lower carb and choosing "slower" carbs helps. Google pcos diet for info. Good luck!

I agree! This is what helped me succeed! Good luck and definitely check out all the PCOS groups on here. There are a ton of supportive and informative women involved in the groups!
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi there ~ same boat here as well! PCOS, insulin resistance, & hypothyroidism. My body is a train wreck! >_< I try to support my friends as best as I can with the knowledge that I do have with the syndrome. Feel free to add me ~ the more support we have, the better along this journey!