Holidays....

Options
Hey yall. I'm usually pretty open with those on my friends list about what's going on in my life. But since it is the holiday season and I know it's going to be rough, I decided to make a public post to see if there are any others out there who are in the same boat as I am.

I am recovering from an eating disorder. Myfitnesspal used to be a tool to keep track of how LITTLE I was eating. Now I'm using it to make sure I AM eating. Anyone else out there in the same boat as I am? I've been doing really well lately. But most people (eating disorder or not) worry a little about gaining weight over the holiday season. I'd love to have new friends on here that can be supportive and that I can lend support to as well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season :)

Replies

• laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile:
  • tommygirl123
    tommygirl123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think we all worry about the stress of the holidays and keeping on track. With shopping, rushing around and all the holiday parties and meals. It really is a challenge. I've lost weight during the holidays before and was way to strict. I was so scared of overeating that I didn't enjoy what was important. Sharing time and meals with my family and friends. So I will not be doing that this year. Thanksgiving is one day and so is Christmas. So I plan to make those my cheat day for the week. I won't be cooking Thanksgiving dinner and that makes it harder to plan. But I'll just make the best choices I can and if I want a piece of pecan pie, I shall have it. I do so much better when I do have a plan but that's not possible all the time. I'm trying to remember that. Hopefully at least a walk after Thanksgiving dinner. So lets enjoy our holiday like everybody else.
  • christycicala
    christycicala Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm looking for more support on this site so please add me! I've lost 35 lbs since 9/2012 doing a variety of things. My first 15 lbs were lost spinning 3x's a week and eating 1600 calories(Sept - Mid Nov). My second 10 lbs were lost while taking Phentermine and eating 1200-1400 calories a day with no exercise.(Jan - July) and the last 10 lbs I lost using Skinny Fiber with very little excercise (Mid Sept to current). I've quit drinking alchohol for 70 days now, which is huge for me since I drank pretty much daily. My Goal is to start spinning again, however the holidays always get me. I get so stressed out with the responsibilities of gifts and having family over. I would love to just skip it all, but of course that would upset alot of people. Anyways, that is my story and I would it if you would add me as a friend!
  • CaitErin1101
    CaitErin1101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think we all worry about the stress of the holidays and keeping on track. With shopping, rushing around and all the holiday parties and meals. It really is a challenge. I've lost weight during the holidays before and was way to strict. I was so scared of overeating that I didn't enjoy what was important. Sharing time and meals with my family and friends. So I will not be doing that this year. Thanksgiving is one day and so is Christmas. So I plan to make those my cheat day for the week. I won't be cooking Thanksgiving dinner and that makes it harder to plan. But I'll just make the best choices I can and if I want a piece of pecan pie, I shall have it. I do so much better when I do have a plan but that's not possible all the time. I'm trying to remember that. Hopefully at least a walk after Thanksgiving dinner. So lets enjoy our holiday like everybody else.

Good outlook! Thanksgiving is just one day. Christmas is just one day. It's not the whole season that needs to stress me out and worrying is just going to keep me from enjoying my family (not to mention the hard work that goes in to cooking all of the food!)
  • CaitErin1101
    CaitErin1101 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm looking for more support on this site so please add me! I've lost 35 lbs since 9/2012 doing a variety of things. My first 15 lbs were lost spinning 3x's a week and eating 1600 calories(Sept - Mid Nov). My second 10 lbs were lost while taking Phentermine and eating 1200-1400 calories a day with no exercise.(Jan - July) and the last 10 lbs I lost using Skinny Fiber with very little excercise (Mid Sept to current). I've quit drinking alchohol for 70 days now, which is huge for me since I drank pretty much daily. My Goal is to start spinning again, however the holidays always get me. I get so stressed out with the responsibilities of gifts and having family over. I would love to just skip it all, but of course that would upset alot of people. Anyways, that is my story and I would it if you would add me as a friend!

congrats on 70 days sober!!!
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the holidays but I don't over do it. For me it doesn't make sense to eat so much in one meal that I'm miserable for the next several hours. My favorite holiday and holiday meal is Thanksgiving.