Anyone with a 2014 New Year's Resolution? Do tell...

Options
2»

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    Options
    Get back to my maintenance weight and keep it off!!!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    More sex.

Oh wait, this is supposed to be fitness related? Well, I guess it could be fitness...:happy:
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Stop looking so far in the future and focus on the present.

Food for thought - Follow your own opinions, don't attempt to dictate them to others...

And... based on what the topic is asking - there was really no need for your reply... it's of no interest to those it applies to...

Have A Great Day :drinker:

Ummmm, I took that comment to be that person's resolution.....not a dig on the rest of the group.

^^^^^ This.
    "Stop looking so far in the future and focus on the present" IS the poster's resolution. You know, like "My resolution is to start practicing 'living in the moment".
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    First, I plan to keep losing weight. I'm hoping to hit my goal weight at some point next year. I want to join my friend in cosplay and I have one marathon I plan on entering.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    New Year's resolutions are counter productive for me. I do have goals though.

Maintain my weight, increase muscle.

run 3k without walking, might just be in my neighborhood, might be an official run

grow out my gray hair (this one scares me)

climb a mountain
  • mikebdotorg
    Options
    1) Follow my training plan for 2014.
    102 hours cycling. 46 hours running. 43 hours strength/flexibility. 7 hours swimming.

2) Run and bike without pain.
    Successfully diagnose and resolve the outer left knee pain I have let last way too long.

3) Stay at my target weight.
    As of this Tuesday I am within 4 pounds, I have no doubt I'll enter 2014 almost 50 pounds less than I entered 2013.

4) Improve my average speed on the bike by 2mph.
    I ended this season above 18mph on 1 hour+ solo rides (started this year at 14mph), would like to be above 20mph next year. I was over 21mph back in '03, time to build back up.

5) Learn to swim.
    I had a pool in my backyard for 23 years, so I can swim, but have never swam real laps let alone open water swimming.

That's it for fitness / health related things. Keeping a healthy balance with my family in time spent and financial burden while doing these things is most important, and is the only reason I would let myself slack off on #1 and #4.
  • csmullins78
    csmullins78 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    confidence, confidence, confidence - always working on it.
  • anaoliver63
    anaoliver63 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    To weigh Less than I do today, whatever that number might be..
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Pay off some of my debt including the weight I gained back after I worked so hard to lose it.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I always make them and never keep them.
    2014 will be the year that I change that.

I want to:

Be at a weight where I feel accomplished (like I really DID SOMETHING about my weight problem)
    Phase out more processed foods from my diet and my family's diet
    Develop a workout plan and stick to it
    Try running a race of some sort, maybe a 5k
    Do more girly things like manicures, pedicures, wearing my hair down more often
    Wear a dress in public at least once a month
  • MimiLovesHorror
    MimiLovesHorror Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1) Run a 5k in 30 minutes.
    2) To be able to do pullups and pushups.
    3) Reach my goal weight!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    To totally rid sugar of my entire diet! Oh, and to be in a size 14 by May. Maybe even a size 12 :flowerforyou:
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    1. To take some time off of my 5K time and be able to run in under 30 min at my first scheduled 5K race in March! (at 34.30 now!)
    2. To not die in my first Spartan Race this may!
    3. To be able to do a pull-up and handstand pushups at Crossfit!

Lots of fitness goals this year...looking forward to seeing my body getting stronger and pushing myself to new limits!