Thanksgiving strategies

Options
Thanksgiving strategies?????? I just realized I don't have one. Dose anyone have one? Recipes? Ideas? Anything????

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Portion control is all you need to know. Don't over eat, enjoy yourself and no one but you controls your food intake.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to eat anything and everything I want.. :)
  • marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Load up on veggies. Make plenty of veggie dishes. Trick you tummy by filling up on the good stuff and sampling the not so good stuff.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

/thread.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

/thread.

+ 1

Hour and a half of bodycombat on thanksgiving morning! Plus my run! Then it's ON like Donkey Kong!!

My strategy involves lots of wine too. :~p

Its' one day.. don't stress.. just eat drink and be merry! (too soon?? LOL)
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    To eat until I burst or at least until I need to be rolled out of the house.
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Turkeyday 5K in the morning, and then my plan is to load up on turkey meat and TRY to make all of the side (carby) dishes minimal.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    Just eat that day. Don't worry about it. 1) It is far more important being with the people you love than counting calories that day. 2) You didn't get fat in one day, and no you will not undo all your work with one day. The only problem I could see having is with the left overs. If you are the meal cooker, send the sweet leftovers away with guests and keep the turkey meat as there is nothing wrong with it calorie wise.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lwhmbynj9i1qbad0o.gif

And then

10ZgtBH.gif
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I already have my Thanksgiving planned out. I know what we were having for dinner, so I worked on portions of my favorites. I worked out the turkey, a bite of dressing (it has the most calories), green beans, and a deviled egg - with a small slice of pumpkin pie for dessert. It fit within my calories and it will be delciious.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    There is no such thing as a small piece of pumpkin pie...
  • sherryp03
    Options
    To eat until I burst or at least until I need to be rolled out of the house.

^This. It is just one day. I do not plan on tracking either. Then the next day, I'll get back at it. I want to thoroughly enjoy the good food and good company and giving thanks for all my blessings.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    1) Sit as close to pies and deserts as possible
    2) Skip wearing a belt
    3) Eat ALL TEH PIEZ
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a small piece of pumpkin pie...

They come in portions other than "whole pie"?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm rolling with the sea food diet.
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Enjoy.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Serach> Thanksgiving

200 posts on this topic in the last 5 days.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL U CAN
    DRINK ALL U CAN
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving strategies?????? I just realized I don't have one. Dose anyone have one? Recipes? Ideas? Anything????

I'll lighten up a few recipes .. nothing major. Sweet potatoes made with sliced apples & grated ginger. Cranberry sauce made with apple juice & (way) less sugar. Pumpkin pie made with egg beaters & 2% evaporated milk.

Strategy for eating......I'll skip the "everyday" type stuff (mashed potatoes & bread) & focus more on holiday foods.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I'm rolling with the sea food diet.

change to see food and me too :)