"Regular Women" in Lingerie....Opinions?

Options

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You can be big and beautiful, but I don't think you can be big and healthy. Every woman should love their body regardless of size but at some point we have to admit that an unhealthy lifestyle is being pursued that is likely going to cause negative consequences down the line.

100% agree.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    If overweight is the new regular, I'd like to be out of fashion, please. Thank you.

But....but.....don't you want to fit in!?! *hands you a big mac*
    Fine!!! I'll put on a muffintop. JUST. FOR. YOU.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think the term "regular" can be a bit degrading to those who are skinny. They should've just titled it overweight women/obese women in lingerie. Being obese might be common in the US these days, but it's not what we want to promote as being regular IMO.

My main opinion is that I'd like to see regular people at healthier weights in lingerie, too. The people in lingerie magazines these days are photo-shopped to look at the very low end of being at a healthy weight, or even underweight. I'd even just love to see a change to people at the higher end of healthy weights. Like someone on the left vs the person on the right, which is much of the modeling industry as of now: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/05/article-2319827-19A2EF3D000005DC-735_634x833.jpg
    That'd be a start.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I really don't like BM posts so, I will just leave now
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I find lingerie to be a waste. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, by all means, wear it.

this. (unless you are taking a series of special pics)

it may stay on for 2-3 minutes (if that).

naked: a) it's free and 2) it always, always, always works (for me, anyway).
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Glorifying obesity and alienating women with smaller body types. Really inspirational. Thanks Huff Post!

I'm still "over weight" and I feel the same way. I am sorry but that is not normal those photos are obese.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Glorifying obesity and alienating women with smaller body types. Really inspirational. Thanks Huff Post!

I'm still "over weight" and I feel the same way. I am sorry but that is not normal those photos are obese.

Obese women absolutely have the right to feel beautiful, but calling their size normal and glamorizing it is a really questionable practice.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'm a Fruit of the Loom type of gal.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH!
    LINGERIE ON ANYONE!
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Obese women absolutely have the right to feel beautiful, but calling their size normal and glamorizing it is a really questionable practice.
    Exactly this. The implication that their size is 'regular' bugs me a lot.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

Hey - the Lane Bryant Cacique catalog isnt in the bathroom for *no* reason ...
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    Opinionated people are usually the people who care the most about everyone elses opinion. Which is why they have to speak so loudly about their own opinions. So sometimes its great to not give a ****:):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    These aren't regular women...they found the biggest ones and are trying to make it seem like that's the new normal.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Thoughts....honestly...I think I'm going to throw up
  • ThePlight
    Options
    These aren't regular women...they found the biggest ones and are trying to make it seem like that's the new normal.
    This.
    And it's very insulting to the REAL "real" women...
  • sullus
    Options
    This.

Are you trying to imply that they were photoshopped to look bigger, or have more stretch marks or something? Since apparently, larger women aren't "REAL real" women
  • ThePlight
    Options
    This.

Are you trying to imply that they were photoshopped to look bigger, or have more stretch marks or something? Since apparently, larger women aren't "REAL real" women
    Are you trying to imply that all "real" women look like that? This could go both ways all day. I'm ready whenever you are.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    If overweight is the new regular, I'd like to be out of fashion, please. Thank you.

But....but.....don't you want to fit in!?! *hands you a big mac*
    Fine!!! I'll put on a muffintop. JUST. FOR. YOU.

Oh, you are so sexy right now...
  • sullus
    Options
    This.

Are you trying to imply that all "real" women look like that? This could go both ways all day. I'm ready whenever you are.

No - I'm challenging your assertion that large women are not real. I never made an assertion that average sized women aren;t real. So I have nothing to defend.
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Regular women? Eh. Whatever. I never wanted to be "regular" anyway.

Women in lingerie = women in lingerie. We're all different and that's okay. I wish I was half as confident as some of those women.. and even when I'm fit I don't think I'd ever be confident enough to let someone put pictures of me out there like that... Kudos to all you women (what ever size you are) that have the confidence to "put it all out there" with no editing.

The part of the article that bothered me was "anything over size 4 is considered plus-size. I know, it's a big joke." I'm thinking of all those young girls that are going to read that and say "I must have to be a size 0 to be beautiful".

In all honesty, I think we should just live and let live. :flowerforyou: As long as YOU can be happy.. who the hell cares what anyone else thinks?