Private practice - shouldn't they all be fat?!

Options
lydiaannepage
lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
So this is random, but I've been stuck at home sick the past couple of days and I've been watching private practice... anyone else watch it and notice all these super slim doctors scoffing down cupcakes, cakes, donuts and other junk 24/7?! Evil!!! LOL. Okay - mini rant over - off to cook my veggies... hahaha

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The rules of thermodynamics do not apply in TV Land.
  • lydiaannepage
    Options
    I need to move there... gosh darn it all! :laugh:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    maybe they are IIFYMers who try not to make an egotastical scene when they eat in public?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    meh...i enjoyed cupcakes and cake and pie and whatever else I wanted to enjoy while losing my 40. Overall I get my nutrition on...but I'm not turning down pie...or cookies or anything like that. It's not like I get extra credit for more broccoli if I've met my nutrient goals.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    So this is random, but I've been stuck at home sick the past couple of days and I've been watching private practice... anyone else watch it and notice all these super slim doctors scoffing down cupcakes, cakes, donuts and other junk 24/7?! Evil!!! LOL. Okay - mini rant over - off to cook my veggies... hahaha

not if they're eating at maintenance or at a deficit.

you too can eat like that!

maths!
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options

maths!
    If you could explain how can one eat cupcakes, donuts, etc 24/7 AND be in deficit we'll all love you:drinker: Please!

All I can manage to fit are couple of cupcakes a day:wink:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

maths!
    If you could explain how can one eat cupcakes, donuts, etc 24/7 AND be in deficit we'll all love you:drinker: Please!

eat slower...

I win all the internetz...
  • _SantaClause_
    _SantaClause_ Posts: 215 Member
    Options

maths!

I could manage to make my 2800/calories a day last awhile on just cupcakes.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

maths!

so a betty crocker white cupcake with white frosting (first one listed in my search) is 210cals.

if maintenance is, what...2700 (for a 35yo male @ 200lbs @ 6'0")?

that allows for 12.8 of these lovely treats.

let's eat 2 for breakfast, 3 for lunch, and 4 for dinner.

that leaves us 3 left over....call one a mid-morning snack, and one dessert after dinner.

youre welcome. :drinker:
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ Lol, love the cupcake math!!!
  • lydiaannepage
    Options
    Ahahahhaah this is amazing.
  • phillrn
    phillrn Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    LOVED that show!!!!! And yes...not exactly realistic that you could eat like that all the time and be so thin:)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Never seen that show but you make a good point.
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options

Mostly Naomi (?) when she eats an entire chocolate cake, and not a small one either, and t\does it again the next day.
  • Gkfrkv
    Options

maths!

Have you watched the show? A character eats an entire chocolate cake at least two days in a row. Like an entire cake on day one and an entire cake on day two. And it's not one or two cupcakes, it's a dozen.
  • Gkfrkv
    Options

maths!

And the frosting looking all full fat and delicious and so much of it.