I lost about 13 pounds during the month of October.

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
I am very pleased. I started at 209, and now I'm down to 196. (gave or take)

I am to lose 30 pounds by Christmas at this rate it is very possible. =)

Replies

• That's AWESOME!! Way to go!! Keep up the great work!!! :-)
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Great job, I'm proud of you! I lost 11 pounds myself in October, I think we can do 30 by Christmas, easily!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    What a great loss! WTG! Best I can do is a pound a week.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    I have approx 24 pounds left to go of my 30 pounds by christmas challenge!
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    How exciting!!!! I hope I get your numbers in November!!!
  • That's awesome! Congratulations to you :)
  • JEG0505
    JEG0505 Posts: 5 Member
    Great job!! All the hard work is paying off! :-)
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    I was looking at your diary and I was just wondering how your caloric intake is 2,300 and something? I was wondering because I am only a couple pounds heavier than you at 199 and it gives me only 1,200 calories and I set it to help me lose 2 pounds a month? I am really wondering because that is half the amount of calories and you are obviously doing really good if you lost 13 pounds in one month??
  • WalkingGirl1985
    I was looking at your diary and I was just wondering how your caloric intake is 2,300 and something? I was wondering because I am only a couple pounds heavier than you at 199 and it gives me only 1,200 calories and I set it to help me lose 2 pounds a month? I am really wondering because that is half the amount of calories and you are obviously doing really good if you lost 13 pounds in one month??

Exercise adds to your food..I have mine set at 1450 (I think) and say if i burned 1000 calories of exercise that day you have 2450 total. Sometimes some people say eat your exercise calories, and I think it's a good idea to eat some, all (if you need it) to prevent your body from starvation. I try to maintain my eating calories from 1200-1500 calories a day. I try my best not to go over unless it's a planned cheat day for 1 meal. As for exercise calories, I prefer to eat some..not all. I don't need to be eating all the exercise i burn..to me thats just eating and eating and I think it would make weight loss more diffacult.
  • awesome job!!! adding in your weight training and you will boost your metabolism and get to that goal. cheering you on!!!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    WTG! I am excited for you.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    I hope to lose the same amount for November! That will give me a good boost for losing 30 pounds for the Christmas challenge, but if it doesnt happen i won't fret. I'll be happy for any loss I make. :)
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Congrats! I lost 12 this month. I'd love to lose another 18 by Christmas.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    shootin high walking girl!! i like that since i tend to do the same!! i put a goal of 10lbs for October and with 1 day left i really hope i can get there :) good luck to you...you are doing great!! and its good to shoot high...just dont get disappointed if you fall a lil short :)
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    sweet! you are doing so great! i only lost about 2lbs this month but i will take it anyways:) better than not gaining 2lbs. plus, i went on a mini vacation and was sick for about a week so that set me back as well. what do you do for exercise? i need to up my exercise routine because i am only burning about 215 calories each time.
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Good job!
  • I only lost about 5 this month, because I gained one week and had to work to lose it the next week, which put 2 weeks out of commission. But I'm aiming to lose 14 more by Christmas! I need to fit into the shorts I bought for Hawaii and Singapore! :)
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member

Exercise adds to your food..I have mine set at 1450 (I think) and say if i burned 1000 calories of exercise that day you have 2450 total. Sometimes some people say eat your exercise calories, and I think it's a good idea to eat some, all (if you need it) to prevent your body from starvation. I try to maintain my eating calories from 1200-1500 calories a day. I try my best not to go over unless it's a planned cheat day for 1 meal. As for exercise calories, I prefer to eat some..not all. I don't need to be eating all the exercise i burn..to me thats just eating and eating and I think it would make weight loss more diffacult.

Okay I see now! I exercise everyday and I can't get anywhere NEAR 1000 calories!! I may burn like 200-250 a day doing planned exercises so I can't imagine. Good Job! What kind of exercises do you do?? lol.
  • SMJ64
    SMJ64 Posts: 66
    well done!! must feel very satisfying!

:)
    sj
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    yay!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!