BEST NEWS EVER...NEW KNEES BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!

Options
For all of my dear sisters and brothers on MFP, I am happy to finally report that the end is in sight. :happy:

Today, I met with my new orthopedics surgeon in Fresno. Dr. Sanjay Kuram walked into the examination room, smiled and said, "Would you be ready for surgery on December 3rd?"

I was stunned. What did he say? Are we talking about my knee surgery in less than 2 weeks? That can't be possible. :noway:

Then, his expression changed to a scowl; and he said, "No. I have 3 other surgeries that day. I will have to have my nurse call you later with your surgery date."

Now, I was really confused. So, I asked, "Are you saying that I will get my first knee surgery before Christmas?"

That's when Dr. Kumar informed me that he wanted to do BOTH KNEES on the same day. He said that it is better..."Less risk of complications and faster recovery with that method."

We talked for about 20 minutes, while he confirmed my medical history and said that he saw no reason to delay my surgery, except for a few more x-rays which I had done today. His nurse called and left a message, before we even got home. I will see the preop doctor on December 5th for a full body check for cuts, scrapes and infections. (Note: Even an ingrown toe nail is grounds for cancellation of the surgery.) I will also attend a 2 hour class on the total knee replacement procedure, medication, physical therapy, etc on the same day.

DECEMBER 16TH WILL BE THE BIG DAY. I will be getting 2 new titanium knees on that day. Hallelujah!!! :bigsmile:

After more than a year of endless exams, labs, x-rays, appointments and losing the mandatory 70 pounds (and more) that my surgeons required...I am finally getting my new knees. This will be the beginning of my new life.

NO MORE WHEELCHAIR!!! :laugh:

I should be healed and walking or even running by my 69th birthday in February. I am overjoyed to know that my surgery is so close. My dreams of life without the wheelchair and walker are nearly here. It is almost too much to believe that this is really going to happen, after so many long months of waiting.

I had to share this with all of you who have been following my progress, since I joined MFP in December of last year...87 pounds ago.

Replies

• wisebuys
    wisebuys Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome !!! I am so delighted to hear this news. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery to the new you !!!
  • brendansmithptatc
    brendansmithptatc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had mine done in May of this year. Right on Monday, Left that Thursday. It is a long haul to full recovery. Work hard and you will do well!
  • katiefbe
    katiefbe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Brilliant news, so happy for you. I hope everything goes smoothly so you can be up and running (so to speak!) by Feb 14.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic news! I hope you have a speedy recovery and will be up on your feet in no time! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!! Congratulations!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news ;)
  • frumpburger
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations! :)
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations, i'm ready to burst out in happy tears, i am so glad for you!! <3
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So happy for you, I hope peace and healing continues to follow you over the coming days as you approach surgery and your recovery.
  • joycelilly
    Options
    Hiya, I`m just a newbie here, but can empathise with you - just a few months older, and had hip surgery a couple of months ago. The weight loss is SO important, an you have obviously done very well. I wish you well, active and happy. Good luck xxxx
  • latoldy
    latoldy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Awesome news! Your hard work made this possible. Before long you and Ed will be out dancing the night away LOL. So happy for you!
  • RrustyBell
    RrustyBell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Marvelous News!! You'll be in my prayers. Ironically, I work at a place that makes titanium implants. We have a wall with photos and letters from our clients. This helps us remember that every step in the process is vitally important to get it perfect. It's inspiring when you stand there & read their stories or have someone come in the front lobby to hear how great they are doing. So happy for you!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I am very happy for you! :happy:

Merry Christmas early!! :drinker:
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Ohh! Rose, that's fantastic news and I know it's answered prayer!! I'm so happy for you :happy: Continue to be diligent, in following instruction (I know you will) and my prayers are with you, the doctors and nurses, who will be interacting with you. Looking forward to your progress reports :flowerforyou: ~bit♥
  • princesspeanutsmom
    Options
    Great news! I had one of mine replaced 4 years ago. The first few months of recovery are hard but the end result is so worth it. Good luck to you!!!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations and I will be sending up prayers that your surgery and recovery will go well!!! How exciting!!! New knees before Christmas!!!
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the joy of dancing for the new year. Please do all your exercises after your surgeries. I have 3 friends who have had both knees done, two gimp and one does not and can dance the irish jig. (she used to dance competitively when she was younger). Difference is that the one that can dance did and still does her prescribed exercises. The other 2 are too lazy. (my opinion- they have other excuses.)

Congratulations on your successful journey and may the rest of it be equally successful.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic news. I am so happy for you, all your hard work has paid off! I love ready your posts, you always make me smile. :flowerforyou:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    That is great news. :flowerforyou:
  • jenjen828
    jenjen828 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So incredibly happy for you!!! I pray that all will go well and that you will have a very speedy recovery! Thanks for sharing your great news!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!