Is this realistic?

Options
Hi folks, just needing a little bit of help. I am wondering if these are realistic goals or not:

Lost 5 lbs before Thanksgiving
Lose 10 more pounds after that by New Year's. I'm still new at setting goals for myself and would appreciate any advice.

Replies

• Hcorewisco
    Hcorewisco Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think this is a realistic goal. Obviouisly you don't want to cut calories too much, but they say you can healthily lose up to 2 pounds per week. Each pound is about 3500 calories, so if you cut 500 calories a day and exercise you should be good to go.

I'm pretty new to this too and have tried a few different programs and techniques. Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to not be too hard on yourself. I understand that weight loss is a goal, but I also assume that you'd like to keep it off for more than a few months. Really what you're looking for is a lifestyle change. So...take it slow, plan out your meals, and don't beat yourself up if you go over. The most important part is to not lose focus or drive. That is the priority.

Good luck,
    Mike
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    it depends on what you weigh now. If you are already a pretty average weight it might be a bit harder, if you are on the heavier side it will be easy. either way they are very realistic goals.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    It is aggressive, but not impossible. One thing to consider: the holiday season can be a difficult time to lose weight (not that any time is easy). Do as much as you can without feeling sick and still enjoying the festivities (without overindulging!) Be prepared to be satisfied as long as the weight continues to come off, even if it's not at the rate you're expecting.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    those are def doable goals!!! they say to be healthy you should lose 1-2lbs per week!! if you stick with that figure they should be very attainable!! good luck!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I think that is the realm of possibilities.
  • rpbabs
    rpbabs Posts: 16
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose 14 lbs? That may be a more powerful indicator of whether or not your weight loss goals are realistic.